Part 20 - A Day inside the Zone

Brett POV

I was just outside wandering the safe zone, and before I knew it, it was already daytime.

More people came out to help the place and maintain it. The night shifts went in their homes to sleep.

I helped the elderly set up their shop and also played with some kids. I also saw people my age playing soccer, so I joined in. They gladly accepted.

It was fun, tho I knew that the fun won't last. I enjoyed it to the fullest. A few hours later, our game finished, and so I came back home.

It was 10 in the morning now. I took a peek into her room, and she was still asleep.

I tried to wake Y/N up, but she was deep asleep. So, I made breakfast before she woke up.

I decided to make eggs for breakfast.

Timeskip

Y/N POV

I woke up with the smell of food. Egg to be exact. I stood up from my slumber and went outside my room.

Brett was preparing a dish and he gestured for me to seat down.

I sat down and waited for the food. "Btw, the others left early. You, Aya, Clancy and Shikimura are the only ones still asleep."

It was a big ass house, so there were many rooms. Brett and I stayed... together. He slept on the floor and I slept on the bed.

After eating our food, we left. We left some leftovers for the other 3.

I noticed that Brett seemed tired, so I asked. "Hey, what's up?". "Nothing, I just played soccer earlier," he replied.

Everything seemed normal. It was all fun. It was like nothing happened at all.

It was the best day in this apocalypse.

But it won't last. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing except of Greed and Hate.

To be Continued...