Part 17 - Morals in the New World

Y/N POV

Just what is this new world. Killing feels, right. Is that bad?. I mean, it is self-defense.

The Zombies are dead right?, I am not killing an alive human being right?.

These questions rest in my mind. This is a very different world from what we are used to, and it's just fucking getting started.

Our journey still had no end. We hadn't found a safe place. So we continued our march on foot.

We walked straight following the road. We crossed a bridge, crossed another bridge and again. That was how far we had gotten. We still took stops in small stores and took the food, or what's left of 'em.

It seems that the few days we were in the school. Hella lot of things happened. Bombing, mass-evacuation.

We seem to encounter an evac. center every large store. Probably didn't end well. But hope glimmered upon seeing a map. A map with words and a note.

A note containing the words "We are Here" with a red mark. So that's where we are headed. To the unknown place with possibly some unknown people. Let's just hope this guys won't be violent like our previous encounter.But it really seemed somewhat weird.

It had only been a week or so since the Outbreak. So why, why can't we find one person.

We probably finished a couple of marathons now, a sign nearby said "Grimgar Valley". I took a glimpse of the map and saw that we were near. "Just a little more you guys, we will finally have some good rest." I said, trying to encourage them.

Finally, after a long and tiring walk. The gate is in front of us. We halted.

People showed up atop the wall, several gun cocks can be heard. They aimed the guns at us seeing us as strangers.

"Drop your weapons." said a bearded man from the wall. We did as we were told "Who is your leader?" continued the man.Brett took a step forward "I am. We need help, sir.".

"Sure thing, but first, weapons and Q&A, Then you can go in." the bearded man said before gesturing his allies to put their sights down. "One question, have you killed someone?, and if you did. What reason?" asked the man in a very serious tone.

"I have." I said, stepping forward to unveil myself. "And for what reason was this?" asked the man. "The first one was a traitor who caused the death of some of us, 2 more on our way here. I have also killed more than 10 zombies." I said. I thought to myself, Please work.

"Good, we are gonna need more people like you." the man replied. I was curious about his answer so I asked "What for?".

"To protect ourselves. Killing isn't that bad if you think about it. You kill to protect yourself, your friends who have become your family." the man replied with a speech. "Now get inside. We will patch you guys up." he said, gesturing his allies to open the door.

*clank*

Upon opening, a lot of people welcomed us. Helped us, asked us. They were all kind, kind enough to let us eat. The others even moved out the house to make a space for us. Finally...a safe place to be. A place where I can give my undying fidelity for my friends.

"My name is Kameno, a teacher from Thailand. Welcome to our home. Enjoy your stay the best you can." said the bearded man from before. "Thank you, really. Thank you." Brett said to the man named Kameno.