Chapter 17 - ICU

**Kayla's POV**
I woke up in a brightly lit room, my eyes stinging. Where was I? I let my eyes adjust to the lights. It was a hospital. Intesive care more importantly. I tried to lift my hands but they were numb. I looked down, I had wires and needles all over my body. What happened to me? I looked around. It must be serious because I was in my own room in the ICU. I'd seen this place before. When I'd overdosed and they had to pump my stomach. I nearly died during the procedure so they put me in to a coma.
A nurse walked in to the room, she smiled at me before she sat on the chair beside me. "Hello Kayla, do you remember much of what happened?" I tried to speak but my throat was burning so I simply shook my head. "Do you remember seeing your ex-boyfriend, Daniel?" Then it all came flooding back to me. The basement. His group of friends. Jack. I nodded and forced the tears back. "Do you remember anything after the bedroom?" I shook my head. I remembered getting in to the car with Jack but that was it. "Kayla you and Jack were in a severe car crash. Daniel's friend James crashed in to Jack's car side on. I'm so sorry. Jack was pronounced dead at the scene". And then I couldn't stop the tears from coming. The nurse squeezed my hand, offered me a smile of condolence and left me alone. My sobs echoed around the room. The thought of Ed calmed me down. I imagined him sitting here beside me, singing the problems away. Ed. Was he aware of what happened? His tour only lasted 2 weeks. It was only a small UK tour for now. What day was it? I was in a coma I know that, but for how long? I reached for the button to request a nurse. The same nurse returned. I tried to speak again, it came out as a whisper "how long was I unconscious?" She sat down beside me again, "12 days sweetie". Ed would be home soon. "Does my boyfriend know I'm in here?" I managed to get out. "His manager, Stuart, has been informed however it was up to him wether he told Ed. I doubt he has though because neither have been in touch since". I nodded, "how bad are my injuries?" She exhaled heavily. "Do you want me to run you through them?" I nodded. "Okay so, the car hit Jack's car side on, but on his side. So you got the backlash which involves: a concussion which is why you fell in to a coma, a broken ankle, a smashed knee cap on the same leg, and 3 broken ribs which is why we were going to put you in to a coma anyway because one of your ribs was so close to puncturing your lung" she smiled at me softly "anymore questions?" I shook my head and whispered a thank you. She left the room then. What was Ed going to do when he got home...

Next chapter! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I had lots of exams but I've finished school completely now!! Have any of you finished school yet?

Also comment down below how you think Ed might react to the accident and to Daniel being back!
-kim