Chapter 13 - Anniversaries

**Kayla's POV**
"So you reported that Daniel repeatedly used domestic violence on you?" The police man asked me. "Yes, he used to hit me a lot but he also frequently kicked me and punched me". The officer nodded and made notes. "You also said he forced you in to sexual activity, harrassed you, raped you. How often did this happen?". I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Whenever he wanted to do something, atleast once a month wether that was rape or forcing me to do something else". The police officer nodded and gathered up his things. "That's all I needed, thank you Miss". And then he was gone. Ed wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too".

*One week later*

**Ed's POV**
I sat under the willow tree waiting for Kayla. It was our 1 year anniversary and I planned on doing something special to celebrate. My phone buzzed with a text:
Where am I meeting you?xx

I replied with:
In the willow tree, hurry up princess!xx

A few minutes later she came through the opening at the bottom of the leaves which we made ourselves. The look on her face was priceless.

**Kayla's POV**
My jaw dropped. It looked beautiful. Their was twinkling fairy lights strung all over the tree, they looked like stars. Ed had a picnic blanket set up on the floor for us to sit. I joined him on the blanket, careful not to burn myself on the little collections of candles he had placed around the blanket for light. They were scented candles: vanilla, my favourite. I kissed him softly. "Happy anniversary baby girl" he whispered. I kissed him again before retreating back to my space on the blanket. "You hungry?" He asked me. I nodded eagerly, wondering what was in the picnic basket behind him. He pulled out a box of chicken sandwiches, crisps, some strawberries covered in chocolate and a bottle of champagne. "Loving the Suffolk touch there Ed, can't go wrong with sandwiches and crisps" I taunted him. He started laughing. That laugh was one of the things that saved me. Not only was it our one year anniversary, but it was my one year anniversary of self harm. I promised Ed the day we got together that I would stop harming myself, as hard as it was, I kept that promise. "Kayla?" Ed's voice brought my out of my thoughts. He smiled at me "dig in".

We sat there for a good few hours eating and talking and sipping fancy champagne. It was wonderful.

It got to the point where I was shivering so much that we had to go. Ed abandoned the picnic basket and wrapped the blanket around me. He then picked me up and gave me a piggy back down the street back to our house.

As soon as we got home Ed ran a bath. "Care to join me Kayla?" He said softly.

Next chapter!
I'm not ending the book any time soon but how would you guys feel about a SEQUEL?!
Let me know in the comments!
Picture attached of the willow tree!
-kim