Chapter 6 - Tree

**Kayla's POV**
I watched the nurses wheel Ed off to another room for tests because he fainted. They were going to lock me up. They were going to put me on 24 hour watch, I couldn't bear that. I had to get out of here now.

**Ed's POV**
"Where is she?" I asked the nurse as soon as I managed to figure out where I was.
"She's in her room sir. We're putting her on suicide watch, shes a danger to herself" the nurse said coldly.
"I need to see her now please" I demanded, the nurse rolled her eyes at me then took me to Kayla's room.
But she wasn't there.
The room was empty. The hospital gown was folded neatly on the made bed. It was like she'd never been here.
The nurse ran off and left me there alone. Then I spotted something: a note?
I picked it up:
Dear Ed,
I'm sorry for all of the hassle I've caused you lately. I didn't want you to end up getting involved in all of this I'm so so sorry. Please don't look for me. I need to do this. I can't keep hurting people. I'm so sorry, I hope you understand,
Kayla ♡

I dropped the letter and sprinted out of the hospital. I was still dizzy but I didn't care. I had to get to her. I had to save her. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me. I ran and I ran and I ran, the car wouldn't take me to where she was. I knew exactly where she would be. Where she would do it.
She took me to the spot after she finished her shift at the cafe one day. It was really hard to find unless you knew where it was but she made it her own. Between the trees, through the cleverly placed entanglement of leaves and vines, past the first 3 trees and to the left. Then you reached it, the huge willow tree. I could hear her singing, she was there. I crawled under the willow leaves which nearly touched the floor making it even more secluded. There she was, dancing around the willow tree to the song she was singing - Skinny Love by Birdy. The fairy lights were on aswell, strung around mishapen branches illuminating the individual leaves encircling us in a coccoon. She had her back to me, still singing. I joined in with her. She turned around, startled like a dear in the headlights. "Don't stop singing" I said as I began to carry on where she left off, waiting for her to join in. "And I told you to be patient and I told you to be fine and I told you to be balanced and I told you to be kind and in the morning I'll be with you but It'll be a different kind because I'll be holding all the tickets and you'll be holding all the fines" . I walked over to her slowly and she joined in at the chorus. We sang in unison, our voices melting together in to a beautiful melody: "Come on skinny love what happened here, suck all of the hope in that brazier". She stopped singing and fell to her knees in tears. I knelt down next to her and continued to sing to her as cried, I started singing Broken Strings by James Morrison to her: "Woah it tears me up, I try to hold on but it hurts too much, I try to forgive but it's not enough to make it all okay" . At this point she'd resorted to sobbing in my arms as I sang to her to calm her down. "You can't play on broken strings, you can't feel anything, that your heart don't wanna feel, I can't tell you something that ain't real-". And then I stopped when I saw her belt hanging from a thick branch of the tree in the shape of a noose...

New chapter!
Another cliffhanger ;)
Let me know what you think!
I reccomend listening to Skinny Love by Birdy when reading this chapter, its up there^^^

-Kim