Chapter 11 - Court

**Kayla's POV**
"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"
"Yes" I said confidently. I was finally getting justice.
"So Kayla, you say the prosicuted, Daniel Thorburn, raped you, domestically abused you and attempted murder?" The judge questioned, he looked bored already.
"Yes, yes he did" I replied. The judge looked over his glasses at me as if I was a joke. "Well do you have any valuble proof?" I'd been waiting for this. I pulled out a folder from my bag under the desk. It contained several hospital reports, images of my bruising and injuries from the hospital, a rape report and police reports from the night he shot Ed.
I placed it on the judge's desk smugly. I knew I had won already. I looked at Daniel. His face said it all. I could see the anger bubbling up inside of him. He was going to break.
"Mr Thorburn, do you testify to anything Kayla has accused you of?" The judge asked him. He stood up, throwing the chair backwards behind him. "Why would I go anywhere near her have you seen her? She's a mess!" He yelled.
"I'll take that as a no then. Even though there is piles of evidence to testify against you. I was just seeing if you wanted to leave with that tiny shred of dignity you had left. Daniel is guilty. 10 years minimum in prison. We will discuss that later in length. Court dismissed."
I felt the tears finally tumble down my face for the last time because of Daniel. I could be happy now. Ed and I could be happy now. Ed. I turned around to see him in tears behind me. I ran over to him and he picked me up and spun me round, kissing my head over and over. "We did it Kayla. We did it princess. He's gone now" I kissed him, and only then did I realise the room was still full of people viewing the case. Then one by one they stood up, they started applauding us. We both beamed and walked out of the room and to the car. I finally got the justice I deserved and I knew Daniel couldn't take that away from me ever.

Next chapter!
Hope you's like it! :)
- kim