Chapter 5 - Hospitals

**Ed's POV**

Her hand squeezed mine tightly whenever the doctors injected her with a new needle. I could see the tears beginning to form in the corner of her eyes as they finished with the last needle. It turns out that Daniel, her asshole of an ex-boyfriend, had hit her so hard in the stomach he had broken one of her ribs and bruised her stomach lining. She had to stay in hospital for a few days until they healed. And because of the bruising she had to be tube fed as her stomach couldn't handle solids yet. It was awful seeing her in this state. The life had washed out of her eyes the same way it was washing out of her mind. The damage had been done and I swore on my life if I ever saw that asshole near her again I'd kill him. "Ed?" Her tiny voice tore me from my thoughts as she feebly squeezed my hand. "I"m here love, what is it?". She looked at the machines she was attached to before looking back at me "I don't like this. I don't want to be here". Tears started to form in her eyes as she bit her lip trying to keep them in. "It's okay sweetheart, hospitals aren't my favourite place either" I rubbed her hand with my thumb. She sighed: "Ed you don't understand".

Then it clicked in my brain. She didn't want to be here...at all. That fucking asshole who was supposed to make her feel like a princess made her feel like she wanted to be dead.

A mix of anger and sadness washed over me, paralysing me in the uncomfortable hospital chair. Kayla started to cry. I couldn't move. I couldn't think straight. My thoughts were exploding in my mind, sending shrapnel crashing down in to my brain.

Then a nurse came in. "Is everything alright sir?" She said to me, but it was only faint. I didn't feel like I was connected to my own body anymore as I felt myself stand up and go crashing to the floor. Then everything went dark.

So new chapter!
Sorry for the cliffhanger :)
Leave a comment of your favourite Ed Sheeran song okay!
The new version of Bloodstream is attatched to this chapter.
- Kim