Chapter 3 - Bruises

**Ed's POV**

It had been two weeks since I'd seen her. To be honest, Kayla hadn't left my mind. She was in my dreams when I slept. She was in my mind constantly. I even searched the crowds for her face at my gigs. But she was never there. I needed to see her again. I needed to go back to the coffee shop.

I'm in the studio at the minute, working on some new songs. I've kept it a secret from the fans though, I want it to be a suprise for them.

"Stuart, can I take a coffee break?" I asked my manager. He got pissed at me last time I wandered off during studio time. "Go on then, I want you back here in an hour. Be careful for the crowds" I nodded and put my hood up before jogging out the door and down the road. I took a short cut down the alley way in case their was fans in the main street. I adore every one of them with everything I have, but right now I had to get to Kayla. I had a bad feeling. My jog turned in to a sprint as I raced to the coffee shop. The only thing on my mind was Kayla. I stopped at the door and regained my breathing before entering, the little bell dinging like the first time I went in.

There she was. Her hair was in two braids today, encircling around her shoulders and down the sides of her neck. She looked up from the coffee she was stirring and smiled at me slightly before handing the drink to the customer in front of me. "Listen I'm sorry about the other day. Daniel can get a bit... possessive sometimes" she blurted out as soon as I got to the counter. I felt my heart sink to my stomach. She had a boyfriend. I looked at my feet for a second before answering her "It's alright" and ordering a black coffee. I took my drink and retreated to the same seat I was in last time. She kept looking at me, just slight glances every so often but I knew she was looking. I played around with my phone for a while, trying to make my coffee last as long as possible. I looked up at her and she was staring, we didn't drop eye contact for about 10 seconds. I could see her giggling slightly. I decided to take a chance and patted the seat next to me. She reluctantly came over and took a seat. "I don't feel like we were properly introduced" I said smirking. "I'm Ed".  she blushed slightly before mumbling "I know who you are, I've listened to your music". I couldn't tell which one of us was blushing more. We both looked up at each other, "what's your favourite song of mine?" I asked her. She played with one of her braid, twirling it around her fingers before answering "One Night". So she listened to my EP's. "Maybe I could play it for you one day". The look on her face was priceless. She pushed her hair behind her shoulders and for a second I didn't notice. But then the deep purple fingerprints were clear to me: one set on each side of her neck as if someone had tried to strangle her. Then I noticed the pale purple mark on her cheek which was faded because of her make-up but I could still see it. Then I noticed the fingerprints around her wrists.

She looked at me, I could see the tears welling up in her eyes as she tried to hold it all together. I pulled her in to a hug as the tears began to trickle down her cheeks. She sobbed in my arms as I rubbed her back slowly until she stopped crying. "It was Daniel wasn't it?" I asked her, the anger flowing through my blood stream. She nodded and wiped her eyes. Yet another bruise becoming faintly clear around her eyelid. I pulled her in to another tight embrace before pulling out a pen from my pocket and writing my phone number on a napkin and giving her it. She immediately pulled out her phone and saved it. My phone buzzed with a text from her saying: "You give good hugs, K :)"

I smiled at her before my phone began to ring im my hand. Stuart. I looked at the time. Shit! I'd been gone for nearly 2 hours. "Listen I really have to get back to work" she said. I looked at the counter to see a customer waiting patiently. I nodded and said "I better get going too, you text me whenever okay, I'll speak to you soon okay Kayla" I said before giving her another hug and sprinting out of the coffee shop and back too the studio.

NEXT CHAPTER!!
What do you think?
Comment,share,vote!!
One night - Ed Sheeran is attached (Kayla's favourite song)

-Kim