CHAPTER FOURTEEN: ELICIA

The ride was silent but comfortable.

"You are looking very beautiful; blue looks perfect on you." He compliments and I melt in my seat.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." I say to him and he smirks.

"Says someone who was checking me out earlier, wouldn't hot suit me more." He says as he laughs.

"Oh my god, I wasn't checking you out." I say looking away to hide my rosy cheeks.

"You are cute when you blush." He says and that doesn't help my case instead of replying because clearly, he wants to embarrass me I turn up the volume to the music playing in the car.

That was the worst decision I had ever made my whole life because Rita Ora's song blasted through the speakers and of all the songs that she has, it had to be 'Let you love me'

See I wanna stay the whole night

I wanna lay with you 'til the sun's up

I wanna let you inside

Oh, heaven knows I've tried

I wish that I could I let you love

Wish that I could let you love me

I wish that I could I let you love

Wish that I could let you love me

Say what's the matter, what's the matter with me?

What's the matter with me?

Oh, I wish that I could I let you love

Wish that I could let you love me now

Oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, I

At first I was too shocked that I literally froze because the song described how I was feeling at that time, it voiced my feelings.

My hands fumbled on the channel switch button, I tried switching channels but nothing changed.

He stared at me for a few seconds before his eyes turned to the road.

l kept trying until it changed and it settled on a 90's song I guess, the song had nothing on us so l left it there.

I thanked the heavens that it didn't take us much longer to reach where the carnival was because I could feel the tension in the car.

As soon as we arrived we got down and we started walking around together looking for a ride to get on or games to play.

"Do you want ice-cream?" he asks and I nod, I was really glad he said something first because I was way too embarrassed to talk.

We get to an ice-cream parlor and get two vanillas.

The rest of the night became less tense, we went on the Ferris wheel, merry go round and played bumper cars game.

I really enjoyed myself and so did he.

He bought us multiple treats in between the games and rides.

We played basketball, ring toss, bulldozer and crossbow shoot.

He managed to win me a huge white fluffy teddy bear and we named the teddy Way and I won him a Rubik's cube.

Time flies when one is with loved ones, it was already around 9p.m so he decided to send me home.

"I had fun," I say as I get down from his car and walk to my door.

"I had fun as well, thanks for letting me take you out." He says smiling.

We reach my door and I am now torn between just saying my goodbyes, getting in the house or standing by the door for him to say his goodbyes.

Maybe he might have felt something that he would want to -----

I lose my train of thought when he leans in and kisses my forehead.

"Have a goodnight." He says and leaves me too shocked to move by the door holding on to Way, the teddy bear.

He gets in his car and waves goodbye and I do the same.

My day could not have gotten any better.

As soon as I open the door my mom stumbles and staggers eventually standing still and right then and there I know she was peeping through the peep hole.

"So how was your date?" she asks too excited.

Before I could answer her we hear a knock on the door.

"Did he forget something?" my mom asks wiggling her brows.

"Eeew, mom." I say opening the door and I come face to face with a pizza delivery man.

"Mom did you order pizza?!" I shout asking mom.

"Nope." She says going to sit in the launch.

The pizza delivery man gives me two pizzas and a note.

I thank the man, close the door and place the boxes on the island reading the note.

El

I thought you might be hungry

Thank your mom for allowing me to take you out.

l apologize if l brought you back too late

Even without a name I knew it was Treadway, he was so thoughtful.

After mom read note she smiled like crazy.

"This guy likes you. I mean look at that human sized bear." She comments pointing at Way.

"Let's not jump to conclusions mom." I say blushing furiously.

"If he doesn't like you then I am Bill Gates." She says and we both laugh.

We ate pizza watching one of my mom's favorite shows and went to bed right after.

Does he like me too?

Or l am just getting ahead of myself again?