CHAPTER NINE: ELICIA

Journal entry 180

Treadway

It's funny how fate seems to be bringing you and me closer to each other

I like it

I like you

I hope l get to know you on a different level.

I will not be stalking you anymore because I will have a right to ask about you since we are workmates now.

You are now my workmate.

Never in a million years did l think l would breathe the air of the same room with you for a whole day.

Longer than that actually because we are now working together

After work I did not get to see him because I was going to be late to pick up mom from work since her car had a flat tire.

My mom and l got home and prepared dinner together.

As we were eating.

"How was work?" I ask her.

"Work was okay l had one surgery today." She says as she smiles.

"One of the less busy days?" I ask her and she nods asking how my day was.

"You seem cheerful today, might I ask why?"

"No apparent reason, oh we have a new worker at the café. His name is Treadway." I say as casual as possible making sure not to give up any vibes.

"Treadway, it's a unique name. You like him don't you?" her being the person that always sees through literally everything she saw it and it caught me off guard.

I choke on my wine and cough a few times before l shake my head because my voice was going to down-right betray me.

"Oh my God. You like this boy. I have to meet him right away." she says wiping the table and l join her using the serviettes on the table.

"No, no one is meeting anyone mom. He does not even know me so please do not humiliate me." I say as quickly as possible.

"Ha, a crush then. Still, l have to meet the boy that got my munchkin all over the place." She says as she widely smiled.

I took the dirty serviettes and discarded them in the kitchen bin.

"Tomorrow l won't be so busy at work so l will drop you off and pick you up from work. I sent my car for fixing." she says.

"Okay then."

Soon dinner was over and we went to bed.

The next morning as planned mom drops me off to work and starting my day seeing his face was the best thing ever.

He was a fast learner, he got everything under control.

I spotted Isa wearing the café gear serving people in the café and I was happy she came.

I wore my gear and started helping with the orders.

Surprisingly the café was filled with customers and most of them were girls, high scholars to be exact.

And I knew exactly why they were here, it made my blood boil.

"This guy seems like our lucky charm. The café is flooding." Isa whispers to me as we deliver the orders to their tables.

"You mean flooding with the hormone filled stupid girls." I say surprising myself.

"Whoa, hold your horses what's wrong El?" Isa asks as surprised as l was. I just don't insult people for no reason.