Alpha - Parallel Lines - Chapter 28

Magsimula sa umpisa

Except... I didn't look well. My cheekbones... were protruding from under my colorless gaunt cheeks. My once healthy flesh... replaced with... flaky skins that hugged my bones. My plump lips were pale and peeling. I looked... ill.

I stared at my sickly state with a frightened feeling until I noticed... she wasn't alone.

In her arms... was a little child. A baby girl... cooing peacefully in my arms. One... two... and three... little boys... were hugging my frail body in their sleep with damp eyelashes. It's as if they cried themselves to sleep. I wasn't moving. Rather. My shell remained on the couch with her eyes closed. A single tear drop... rolling from her ghostly face. And right beside her... facing the sea view... was... Kim Taehyung. He sat with his arm wrapped firmly over my shoulder as he quietly sobbed against me. His warm tears... soaking my shirt, causing my heart to ache intensely.

I suddenly felt this sharp pain contracting in my chest as I glanced around the space to find the top alphas grieving within the room. I wanted to speak... to tell them... I'm right beside them. But I couldn't utter a word as a hot lump formed in my throat. No one seemed to notice my presence. It was as if I was invisible to their eyes.

I felt scared... cold... and hollow.

What's happening? I didn't understand- but the pain I felt- it's unmistakably real emotion. I felt restless. As if I wanted to scream for help. For someone to save me even if I'm physically stable. Unconscious tears began to fill my eyes as I watched the heartbreaking scene before me, so I rubbed away my tears and attempted to walk forward- but halted in place again.

The downcast living room with the alphas... and the little kids... had disappeared. Instead... I found myself staring at this... ancient tree on an emerald hilltop. I pursed my lips as the gentle wind grazed my skin with its soothing comfort. The intense throbbing in my chest subsided, replaced by a calming relief.

"Annyeonghaseyo~!" Jungkook's familiar voice spoke up to my right side, so I turned to find him dressed in a black suit. He was welcoming a flood of guests. Dressed in dark attires. And beside Jungkook was the top alphas. Hoseok. Seokjin. Namjoon. Yoongi. Jimin. They were all... greeting the strangers.

I glanced past them to find rows... after rows... of chairs decorated with white flowers on the extensive field. Unconsciously, I turned my heel and walked over the aisle between the chairs with my eyes fixed on a flower wreath. I halted by the wreath with a blank face to stare at my own portrait. It was a picture of me. Smiling brightly at whoever was staring at the picture frame. I gulped and glanced at the name written below the flower. Jang Sora.

Taehyung suddenly appeared by my flower wreath in his neat suit, so I turned to stare at his tearful eyes as he gazed at my picture with a yearning look. My heart stirred uncomfortably upon his dark circles and torn expression. I unconsciously stepped toward him when he suddenly turned away to greet the guests, forcefully holding back his tears. My heart sank. He couldn't see me. No one in this place could see me. Am I dead? Suddenly?

 Am I dead? Suddenly?