Unrestrained

The gentle breeze eases their way. In the endless night deep in the clouds, Lan Wangji knew—this moment will be the last. The last moment—the last song he will hear in his entire life. He could listen to the lonely and disconsolate sound.

"Uncle Zhuliu..." Wei Wuxian called. Wen Zhuliu glanced at him through the rear mirror, "Thank you..."

Wen Zhuliu paused for a while, "I should be the one to thank you.." Wei Wuxian let out a small smile, "for accepting me... Thinking of me like family... Giving me chance to live a better life..."

As a man saved by the little child who welcomed him home.

"For that affection, you showered me..." Smiling, "I will be forever grateful to you..."

Wei Wuxian did not speak. He let himself melt into Lan Wangji's arms. Their hands locked together, their smiles unwavering, and their hearts beating for each other.

The right and the wrong had all happened. They choose, the jury each other... So how can it be taken as a dream after waking up? But... They still ended up together.

The praises, blame, gains, and losses they suffered. The lonely sound they could only hear. Their story is not over yet. They still have time, their connection and time together remain pure.

Preparing for happiness and sadness even if life and death would result to mourn for love. With the bright moon their witness, there is no need for sadness. They have faced all those hardships with unrestrained hearts. Singing the song of their shared happiness wherever they are.

Lan Wangji wrapped Wei Wuxian with a thick coat. He carried him out of the car, their son trailing after them.

Wei Wuxian sat beside Lan Wangji, while Wen Yuan was lifted by his father to sit on the piano.

Lan Wangji then sat beside his love, who wrapped his arm over Lan Wangji's waist, his head laying on the latter's shoulder.

"Play for me, Lan Zhan.." Wei Wuxian said, "don't stop until I said so.."

Lan Wangji runs his fingers over the keys. The cold chapel was now filled with warmth. Wen Zhuliu was just near recording whatever is happening right now. His eyes filled with unshed tears as he mustered all courage to watch this heartbreaking scene. This path of tears.

"Lan Zhan.. you are really good..."

"Hmm..."

"I remember you... Playing when we were young..." Wei Wuxian said so fondly, "A-Yuan... Did you know your papa asked me to be his bride?"

Wen Yuan shook his head.

"Your papa... Gave me the bangle... And seriously said with a deadpanned face... I will make you my bride.."

Wen Yuan giggled, "there's more! You know this song?"

"Papa always hums it to A-Yuan!" Wen Yuan replied.

"This is the song he and I made..."

Wei Wuxian's face turned serious, he reached for his son's hand and said, "from now on... This is yours.."

Wen Yuan did not speak. Lan Wangji remained silent, afraid of what will Wei Wuxian say to him.

"For thirteen years... I have been waiting for you.." Wei Wuxian said, "finally... My wish has been granted..."

"What wish would that be.."

"To have you by my side..."

The days that he slept embraced in Lan Wangji's warmth like a dream, was it real? Everything felt like a dream for him.