Heartful of Love

Side by side Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian were walking together. After they paid their respects to Liu FengYan, both of them decided to stroll before going home.

They ventured over the place. From parks to theme parks, to the market, the food stalls much to Wei Wuxian's delight. They even went to Lan Wangji's former house when they were still living there. The garden was full of gentians and other flowers contrasted with the white and serene house and the homely atmosphere Wei Wuxian felt.

He stared at those pictures on the walls. He found a little Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji from infant until eighteen and nine years of age. He saw a bright smile and lofty laughs, an enjoyable moment he never saw with Lan Wangji. What took him the most, was Lan FengYan's portrait with an eighteen-year-old Xichen and nine-year-old Wangji. Especially, the black lacquered color zither that rests atop the low cabinet.

Wei Wuxian ran his fingers over the strings. It was warm, not the usual cold instrument before it is used. It was so warm as someone had been using it. He glanced at Lan Wangji who watched him with fond and soft eyes.

"This is?"

"My mom's zither..." Lan Wangji replied, "the one she gave to me..."

Wei Wuxian again ran his fingers on the strings, but the sound was not one he like so he pouted.

"Come." Lan Wangji said, taking his hand and the zither placing it on the low table, "I will teach you..."

Wei Wuxian sat down before the zither and Lan Wangji sat by his back.

Lan Wangji patiently taught him how to play, their hands mingle with each other, placing and pacing back and forth for any mistakes committed.

But to Wei Wuxian, he enjoyed that position, his back leaning on Lan Wangji's broad chest, enjoying the sandalwood scent that embraces his being and the warmth he shamelessly basks himself.

They stayed there for a while until they finally decided to go. Lan Wangji locked the house, taking the prized zither and his hand holding Wei Wuxian's hand. They stroll again for a bit.

They stopped at one plaza, instruments were prepared and there were performers.

Raising his hand, Wei Wuxian asked for permission to play.

"Come, Lan Zhan! Let's play!"

A few moments later.

"Haha! That was fun!" Wei Wuxian chirped as he throttled down the path. His voice was boisterous yet a melodious one for Lan Wangji's ears. Stopping then finally, Wei Wuxian smiled as he stared at the beautiful forest garden. The moon was high, and the serene breeze blew his hair in a swift response and a smile plastered on his face.

Lan Wangji took his phone and captured the moment. Storing the beautiful scene in his mind and heart. He smiled as he stared at Wei Wuxian's back, proud and tall, unfazed and determined.

"Let's go home, Lan Zhan!"

Lan Wangji led himself led by the man in front of him.

How he wished, this could go on forever.

------------------------------------------------------------------
With all of my life, I hope it becomes a shout. That small whisper that I hear on the path that I'm on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Both of them sat down side by side in the bus. Wei Wuxian was sitting by the window and Lan Wangji beside him. It was night, mate at night. It's already past curfew but Lan Wangji did not mind it.