The Path of Tears

"Are you sure? This is it?"

Wei Wuxian nodded as he sat down on the chair, his lips near the microphone, and said, "Good evening... This is Ren... And this will be the last time I will be in this segment..."

"For eight years, I have been with you, and I knew I never did tell anyone about my life... So here I am... For the last day of my segment... I am giving you the story of my life."

[This Is Wei Wuxian's dialogue. The narrative will be enclosed in a parenthesis]

I was born into a happy family. But my family we're always busy with work so I am left without anyone. I have lived with my cousins whom I treated like my brothers and sisters. We would always play and laugh. Our days were filled with happiness.

Not until I was diagnosed with brain cancer coupled with the weak constitute and heart I was born with. At age of five, I did not know what it meant. They have become overprotective of me. They wouldn't allow me to freely run where I go. I felt like a caged bird.

Until I run away and ventured my path on my own. I was lost and regretted it. I should've not run away. I should've been a good child. Yet, because of my selfish reason, I did it.

I thought I was gone. I lost my way and wandered off the streets until I heard the beautiful sound of the piano playing at a distance. My feet by themselves walked on their own, I was enchanted, poisoned by the sound. The sinful being that made my heart beat so fast and made my world go on.

🎶In the Cloud Recesses, a harmonious song for two echoes🎶

I stood there watching him, I couldn't take my eyes off him. I was taken, captivated, cage under the impression of that beauty.

🎶Frost spreads with time 🎶

It was not the moon that was beautiful, it was the broken piano of the ruined chapel. It was not the fireflies that light my lost heart, but those blinding smiles as he plays the piano.

🎶This persistent tipsiness began under the moonlight🎶

Thirteen years... I have been in love with him for thirteen years.

Yes, him. Surprised? Even I was surprised when I realized I fell for the same gender. But I can't help it... I did fall and I was happy about it... Even though he does nothing but hurt me until the end.

I remember visiting the church every day. I remember being friends with him, well, he said we're not. I remember him lashing at me and left me hanging. I waited. I waited for so long. Yet, he never again appeared. That was the first time he left me. Hanging.

🎶I stroke the guqin to pour my grief in the notes of Inquiry🎶

I took my medications and surgeries, tried every possible way to live. But. I can't, I was not allowed to live a life longer than I want.

🎶I have basked in your warmth🎶

Later, I was in middle school, I saw him once again. But at that moment, I can't describe the feeling welling in me. I feel so hurt, so betrayed. He wouldn't allow me by his side, but he found someone whom he let stay. It hurts... It freakin' hurt. Yet, I cannot hate him. I cannot throw away the feelings that build up inside of me. By the way, I was a nerd when I was in middle school, and I saw him playing again the piano. But...

🎶Yet time hastens forward, stopping for no one🎶

What hurts me the most, was his cold face. Gone are those days when he was still smiling. Gone are those warm moments where I can happily bask myself with hopes shamelessly. Gone are those days, when he no longer remembered me.