Back in Time

The light is fading in the clouds. Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian sat down, face to face. They decided to talk about what happened to them years back then. Why are Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian separate? Why does it have to take thirteen years for them to be together again? Their relationship may be confusing, but for both of them, they knew what they wanted.

Falling at the window is too noisy, The cooling memory is just like the sound of the rainwater. How each of them capture each other's heart, refused to leave, but ended up leaving.

That increasingly strong feelings lock in the nostalgia. Though they couldn't I step back in time—back to the time when they would hug each other, the comfort they needed, and the happiness they shared. However, right now, everything now doesn't matter.

"Remember the time we met at the ruined chapel?" Wei Wuxian said, "you were alone there... Playing the piano... I watched you for several days and then got a hold of it and approached you... I was feeling sad back then... And you were... What they call a stranger who healed a broken heart.."

They follow the tortuous path that is wet, dangerous, and twisty to look back at their memories together.

"I was happy Lan Zhan... So happy... I thought we were close—that we're friends... But you suddenly got cold... So distant... You never told me what bugs you, I remained as mischievous as I was... Trying to lift your spirit... But you... You told me to get lost... That we're never friends... That you hated my guts, shouted at my shamelessness... I was five Lan Zhan, and I... I couldn't take those words... I know when to stop when a person doesn't want me.."

In the rain that obscures the vision, Wei Wuxian thinks of him. In tears, Lan Wangji's emerge in his mind.

Wei Wuxian turned his back, back then. Waited until Lan Wangji asked for him, waited in that place with no possibility of Lan Wangji appearing.

Wei Wuxian felt so broke, so lonely back then. He waited and waited for Lan Wangji to appear. A week turns to months, and months turn to years. Every Friday afternoon, he would wait for Lan Wangji to appear until he was taken by his parents abroad. He kept thinking about Lan Wangji's figure. His silhouette as he plays the piano. He kept waiting for some sort of miracle that every time he would stop by chapel...

Lan Wangji was there.

"And I saw again..." Wei Wuxian said, "in that competition... You played you beautifully, so enchanted... Yet... You would no longer smile..."

Wei Wuxian smiled weakly, "and when I knew what happened, I decided to stay with you... Behave and act differently from what you know about me... I... I can't risk you hating me again..."

All dissipated, whether it's the time they spent together or the look of Lan Wanji and him at the time. To step back in time when they were at each other's side.

Even if this is the only chance or the last chance. Wei Wuxian decided that it doesn't matter.

"As long as I can be with you... Everything does not matter anymore..." Wei Wuxian said crying, "I just.. want you to smile.."

Lan Wangji caressed Wei Wuxian's hand. This was not the thing he wanted to hear.

"Wei Ying are you... Holding back?" Lan Wangji's question was totally out of the blue.

Wei Wuxian's hand jerked, staring intently at his and Lan Wangji's hand.

"Of course I am..." Wei Wuxian said, "I am holding back..."

Lan Wangji remained silent waiting for Wei Wuxian to continue.

"I've been holding back... Why? Why should I and someone like you? This is your fault! You made me feel this way! Want you! Have every little thing with you!" Wei Wuxian cried, "why? Why would I end up with you having someone by your side? Why when you turned me away then chose to have someone by your side? I know this feeling won't matter! I know it's wrong, very wrong!"