A Nameless Song

In the middle of the night, Wei Wuxian seemed to be immersed in a dream.

"Woo" pain made Wei Wuxian open his eyes.

He realized that it was not a dream.

The nauseating pain in his head made him stumble and struggle as he reach for a bottle. In the warm yellow lights, his upper body flesh texture was clear, and with the slender arm, he looks extremely aesthetic. However, his pained expression breaks whatever beauty he has.

"You're awake?" As Wei Wuxian looked at the man standing in front of him in a daze, the man's voice was low but cold. He felt the soft caress on his head that seemed to send his system to a serene and calming effect, "drink the medicine... Xiao Ying..."

Judging from the voice it was his Uncle Lan. In a daze, he let himself swallow the medicine and lay his head on the man's lap, "does it hurt?"

"Pat..." He said, "it's comforting...please..."

Sleeping with his head on Lan Tian's lap was comforting. He remembered his parents who always did this to him. The warmth and the lullaby made him fall asleep.

The next day, Wei Wuxian was woken up by the sound of the cars downstairs. He hugged his blanket and sat up from the bed, stunned for about ten seconds. Hearing the sounds from the kitchen, He ran out of the room and saw a slender figure working in the kitchen.

The man in casual clothes had a slim waist and long legs and the woman was in a one-piece dress.

"A-Ying!" The woman throttled him and hugged him tightly.

"Mom..." He called, inhaling the sweet scent of his mother that calmed his nerves.

Thinking about what happened last night, Wei Wuxian blushed, feeling a little awkward.

"Uncle! Good morning! And... Thank you for last night..." He said fidgeting. He never let anyone touch him as his parents did. But the pain last night made him seek comforting warmth.

After finishing cooking, Wei Changze came out and saw Wei Wuxian in his pajamas, “Go and change” he said with a frown.

"Oh, okay." He looked down at herself, then ran towards his bedroom quickly.

After washing up, he saw Lan Wangji was already eating breakfast at the dining table, he came and sat opposite him. In front of him, there's a tempting sandwich and fried eggs he ate in small bites. There’s no sound of speaking, only the sound of clashing knives and forks on the table.

Wei Wuxian was already used to this kind of life after two months of staying with the Lans.

After finishing breakfast, Cangse and Changze sat beside their son and comfort him in whatever way they ever did.

"Do you enjoy your stay here?"

"Hm!" He nodded enthusiastically, "Especially being with Lan Zhan!"

The couple glanced at the stoic man and smiled, "then... We shall impose to second master Lan to watch over him... A-Ying may be mischievous but he meant no harm... It was just his nature..."

"Like you..." Lan Qiren said.

"Shut up your goat... Do you want me to shave your goatee again? Hah! I remember you hiding behind A-Tian's all the time with all the swarming suitors lining for you!"

"I don't wanna remember it... You're just as rascal as your son..."

The bickering continued. However, seeing the time, Wei Wuxian stood up and took Lan Wangji's hand, "we will go to class then! Will you be here by the time we got home? I am free this afternoon!"