Asking the Zither

Love is happiness...

"you finally made it, you're so late.." Lan Qiren said to Wei Ying who just arrived twenty minutes late. Lan Wangji took the liberty to wake him up but the stoic man gave up after an hour of tug of war with the blanket.

"I couldn't be wrong... My calendar said it's just only spring..." Wei Ying murmured then pouted.

Well, the Academy owned by the Lan Family is a prestigious school for those only excellent social standing and extraordinary talents who are lucky enough to study their time at the elite private school.

And well, Wei Ying as he is, he had so much time that he entertains most and messes with all. But rumors of him riding someone's coattail did not leave him. He only replies with a smile. This made Lan Wangji annoyed even more.

"Let them speak, Lan Zhan... Let them be..." Wei Ying waved his hand and just let everything go.

It surprised Lan Wangji how the man would shrug everything as if it was never about him. How Wei Ying smiled even though it pains him.

They walked through the corridors. Despite the remunerations and disgust, Lan Wangji felt somewhat proud of the troublemaker who brisks his way unperturbed.

Lan Wangji felt a slight tug on his sleeves. He glances at his side seeing his girlfriend, Feng An.

Wei Ying noticed it and glanced at Lan Wangji who remained passive and cold. Even towards his girlfriend!

"Wanji... Good to see you again!" The girl sheepishly smiled at the stoic man and threw a glare at Wei Wuxian, "you must be Wei Wuxian? Nice to meet you! I am Feng An! Lan Wangji's girlfriend.

"Nice to meet you too... I am Wei Wuxian..." Wei Ying was about to take Feng An's hand but Lan Wangji caught his wrists first and drag him away, "let us leave first.."

Confused, Wei Wuxian did not ask Lan Wangji about it.

However, it was Lan Wangji, himself who opened the conversation about such a relationship. He just felt like, he needed to explain things to Wei Wuxian.

"She is my girlfriend in the name..." He started.

Wei Wuxian glanced at him, "she is still your girlfriend... It would be rude to her if you speak like that..."

"I am just saying the fact... I..." Lan Wangji's grip tightens, "I have never liked her... It was an arrangement of sorts..."

"Pfft! What was that? Why a need to tell me all that?" Wei Wuxian teased.

It was abrupt, Lan Wangji stopped in his tracks and Wei Wuxian bumped his nose on the stoic man's back, "Lan Zhan!"

Hearing Wei Wuxian's whine, a bucket of ice was poured on Lan Wangji's being. The need to be overly concerned and protective hit him as he rubbed Wei Wuxian's nose himself, "sorry..."

Wei Wuxian's giggles took him off guard. It was as if he was hit with a bat that dragged him back to reality. It was his world stopped again, his mind calming down, it was like a sanctuary, he felt safe, so much that his eyes stared completely at those cherry lips.

Realized the desire for a person he had only known for two weeks.

He stood there. He could feel his ears burning. Unable to look at the giggling little man, Lan Wangji stood straight and his head facing the side, a hand on his mouth.

He felt the light tug in his chest screaming in delight and happiness.

When Wei Wuxian finally controlled his laughter and called for the stoic man. Being so close already, Lan Wangji shifted his head to face Wei Wuxian, only to find the distance between them, excruciatingly torturous.