Even A Little While For A Moment

The tip of his heart is cold even though there is no wind. Living through day by day is like an aching pain. Then Wei Ying came to him, that one person making him forget all the pain of the past. Clearing his head like a blank sheet of paper. Even if he lived through a painful day... Even if he walks on fiery paths.

His resolve will never break. Not again, no... Ever.

His hands cupped Wei Wuxian's hands. In case it with his warm palms. Kissing his knuckles, sighing in worry, his gaze never leaving Wei Wuxian's serene face.

The rain that spilled in his heart for a moment is now ending. At the end of his life, these are the words he wanted to tell his love... "You were my everything."

'please... gods... not now... I am not ready yet..." He prayed.

As if hearing the silent prayer Smiling without a sound in his shadowed heart. He found a reason to madly want to live. He entered like the sunlight, that one person. The tear stains on his cheeks are now disappearing, Wei Wuxian waking up from his slumber.

Even if he lived through a painful day. Even if he walks on fiery paths. Even if he can't see the red-hot burn scars. Only when he looks at his Lan Zhan, for a moment. "Don't cry, please, for me, don't cry." He pleads.

'Don't leave me even in my dreams, My love. Don't forget, don't forget my love.' his never-ending wish slowly becoming reality. A happy ending he never would have thought he'll have.

"My Lan Zhan... Sweetheart... Don't cry..."

Lan Wangji held onto him so he couldn't tell him, in case he would never see him again. The remaining love, even though it makes him cry - he can't avoid it... Tonight, he's dreaming like a child, fast asleep.

"Wei Ying..." His call was answered by one smile, "I'll call Dr. Wen..."

However, Wei Wuxian gripped his hand tightly. It was telling him not to go, "don't go... I... won't spend a second without you..."

Lan Wangji's heart fluttered, "stay with me... Lan Zhan... You are never to disappear...as long as I am alive... I will never spend a moment without you.."

Sitting up straight, although it was selfish, Wei Wuxian held Lan Wangji's palm, "you are mine..." He declared, "mine alone..."

"Yours..." Lan Wangji replied forehead lay on the Wei Wuxian's, his eyes screaming with resolve, with reverence, with adoration, "my life is yours... Yours... Wei Ying..."

Wen Ning saw every single thing that unfold. His little nephew found love, found his happiness, and his life. Wen Qing for the first time smiled. Wen Rouhan sighing in relief, Baoshan wrapping her arms around her husband.

Cangse crying, her husband comforting her. Jiang Yanli crying in Jiang Wanyin's arms. The Jiang couple sighs in relief.

Lan Qiren remained silently sitting. His fist curled on his clothes. Lan Xichen heaved. And Lan Tian? He stared at the bangle.

"Ah... My A-Zhan has committed his heart.."

It was not a secret, the Lan bangle holds great importance to their family. It serves as commitment, love, and respect to the one lone person chosen. He remembered giving it to his beloved. But he never would have thought, FengYan gave it to his A-Zhan. FengYan gave her son endless imprisonment.

"He wants to go home.." Wei Changze said.

"Let him be..." Baoshan said, "let him live the life he wanted..."

That evening, they all went to the Wen Manor. A small feast was held for the shotgun wedding. Wei Wuxian enjoyed the night, never leaving Lan Wangji's side. Always holding his hand, sitting by his side, and smiling happily more than what he had done for all those years.