The storm project

This is a oneshot request made by lightfury56  of six thousand words! Not the longest, but still it was a lot of work. Hope you like it! <3

the day had just begun, and Jay had been awakened with the notice of a letter to him.

and as soon as Cole, being the first to see in the day, he warned him, and Jay looked at him with wide eyes.

"Is it a letter from a lover?" Cole teased, laughing under his nose while Jay watched him not at all amused.

"No." he said with all the seriousness in the world "it's a letter of response" and then the nerd in him took his soul, showing all his modesty on the tone of his voice.

"response of what?" Cole asked, now curious. Cole walked into the kitchen, and Jay followed him, watching him fill a glass of water, and in the meantime told him what he had done a few weeks ago.

"I saw this advertisement saying 'sending your own information and detailing your experience, you could have been selected for a job interview for'.." Jay stopped, adding that bit of suspense. Cole waited for the continuum, looking at him questionably with a raised eyebrow "to be an official mechanic!"

"An official mechanic? You are already a mechanic! What do you need confirmation for?"

"You don't understand, Cole! It's an opportunity they have once every five years! and then we are talking about something more than Cyrus borg and his works itself! I can create anything I want! with everything i need!" Jay said, letting his inner nerd take possession again "and then, if something accidentally blow up, I wouldn't even have to repay the damages!" Jay whispered this a little, adding it as a plus pro point.

"Okay, but like, where would you find the time? I mean, we do ninja things one day none, and the others yes.. maybe"

"Well, this could be a small problem. but maybe I could find compromises, or find shifts when I'm free. I think they'll understand if I can't go to work if I'm busy saving their asses" and so Jay hoped.

Cole looked at him with a skeptical look, then cast his eyes on the letter carelessly clenched in Jay's fist.

"So?" Jay raised his eyebrow "what are you waiting for to see if they accepted you or not?"

and then Jay remembered, noticing again the sea of anxiety and excitement drowning him. He looked at the letter in his hands, still closed. and then looked up again at Cole. This time worried.

"What if the answer is no?"

"I doubt it. You are a genius and over the years you have really improved in your projects! I'm sure they accepted you" Cole approached, placing his hands on Jay's arms, encouraging him "and if it's the other way around... well, they lose it."

He glanced at the letter again, and then let out a big sigh, giving himself courage.

"okay, you're right" but Jay stayed for a few more seconds still "open it" Cole said, sitting down "yes, I'll open it" and Jay repeated, finally taking the paper out of the letter.

Cole watched every movement of his face. Initially it was anxiety mixed with terror, and then changed when he was desperately looking for the answer at the end of the paper, and then...

And then he couldn't read Jay's face anymore, worrying.

"So? yes or no?" Cole asked, now involved.

Jay took one last look at the paper, and raised his face slowly in Cole's direction. he looked at Cole's waiting wide eyes and threw the bomb.