𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘻𝘻 𝘰𝘧 𝘫𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺

they were finally back home, and the first thing Jay did as soon as he set foot on land, and no longer in a ship, thanked the first master for not feeling nausea anymore, and for being able to throw himself on his comfortable bed and rest his body from fatigue.

he was happy though, after Kalmarr was about to get the amulet for himself, Nya had managed to take it last, and then they save Wu, Misako, Kai and Cole from drowning. All in all, everything went great.

he got out of bed, and the second thing he hoped would come soon beyond touching the bed, was to change from the sub and remove as soon as possible the weights in it that began to irritate Jay's back. his usual Gi seemed the best thing to wear, and above all the most comfortable.

he was just going back to bed to settle down better, and maybe even dare to get a few hours of sleep if necessary, but from the voices he heard coming in large numbers throughout the room, it was distracting him from the enterprise, and when they started laughing, he was persuaded to join the group.

he could have relaxed later.

as soon as he opened his door, the sound of laughter became less muffled, feeling a similar smell of lightheartedness in the air. when he arrived in front of the living-room, he noticed the boys playing or just sitting in the couches, but he had also noticed that both Nya and Benthomar were not there. and then he remembered that Nya was showing him the whole monastery, but it seemed to be over since both were getting to where the rest were.

Benthomar was immediately lured by Cole, welcoming him, followed by Jay and the other ninja.

"thank you for hosting me, this place is really great!" Benthomar was excited to be able to share his time with them, they looked so good people, and they were so funny in his eyes.

"we thank you for helping us" Lloyd took his leadership role and wore it.

"especially down there, without you we would definitely not have run away so quickly!" Pixal said, gently offering him a kind smile, which was immediately returned.

"guys, having thanked him for the tenth time I think he understood now, how about if we have some fun instead?" Nya said, letting her sisterly instincts bring her arm over bentho shoulders.

needless to say, he felt good between them, and for once someone loved him like a brother, the one that Benthomar wanted so much. He can't hide his emotions well, so his expression was quite down, despite having a smile on it.

"hey buddy, are you okay?" Cole asked, worried.

"i'm fine, I'm just sorry for Kalmarr.. he could have been my brother too, I tried."

"that's right Bentho, you tried. but he unfortunately didn't want to.." Lloyd said.

"but now you're here, you can count on us" Kai said, managing to make the sad little frown disappear.

"i'm still sorry for your father, he was a good king" Jay offered condolences once again.

"i'm just glad he found me and raised me as his son" Benthomar said, making Jay feel a special weight on his chest.

"wait, found?" Kai repeated, curious to know his story.

"you're right, you didn't know it, but during one tour with Kalmarr years ago, he found me and then took me with him to the castle. from then on I had become his adoptive son" he explained, seeing an expression between surprise and sorrow in both Cole and Kai.

although Jay already knew his story and how tragic it was, in his head everything had just been thrown away, and instead bringing back the vivid memory of him who revealed that he had been adopted, but that none of the three friend had a reaction for him. Or at least, he had received a reaction, but they were made of anger, and neglected his discovery of adoption. and that hurt.