Chapter 25: Unicorn

Vivian

The rest of the day I spent ignoring Kenji and Fallon, but as expected the universe seems to brutally hate me.

I stood beside Kenji along with Stella and Fallon inside the tensions elevator, the thick air was suffocating me making it hard to breath. From my fight with Fallon over...that stupid piece of shit Michael...whatever that's not my story to tell.

And then there's Kenji and our one-night stand shit, with our difficult situation. Fuck I need a drink after this. "So...how was work," Stella asked with a smile.

"Fine"
"Frustrating"
"Shit"

The three of us spoke at once, Jesus how long does an elevator take to get to a private fucking labor room-

Once the elevator doors opened Kenji gestured for us to walk out first, Stell and Fallon walked both smile with nods heading out first, and when I tried following behind.

Kenji caught my wrist before I could walk out and leaned down into my ear, "Wr couldn't finish our conversation yesterday" Stilling I glance up at him, his gaze softened as we made eye contact, "We'll talk later" I rolled my eyes and snatch my wrist away from his grasp, and paced out of the elevator as he followed behind.

Kenji

I noticed, as we were heading towards Blair's room Vivian vibes completely changed, I could clearly see from her fidgeting with the rings on her fingers along with constantly running her hands through her hair.

She's anxious, about what tho? What could she be afraid of? Should I ask? Should I let her be? My eyes dart toward her soft hands  trembling once Fallon fisted the doorknob, a sigh escaped my lips and without hesitation, I gently grab onto her hand force her palm open, colliding our finger she jerks toward me.

Her gaze softened and I watched the motion of her swallowing harshly surprisingly she slowly fists it back, a cold shiver runs behind my back from her touch.

My heart skipping a beat as I notice her breathing slowing, I've never hated an emotion such as this one, I know damn well what it is but I just can't seem to take control over what my body does when I'm around her.

Fucking shit I'm falling so deep I can barely breathe above water.

Trying to shrug off the feeling Fallon slightly knocked on the door and peeked her head inside. And as expected Vivian snatches her hand away from my grasp and followed behind Stella.

Is being rude the new trend now?

Whatever I guess being nice is underrated now, I followed behind Vivian, when suddenly we all froze in place, my heart skipping multiple beats at once as a large smile falls to my lips. "Holy fucking shit" I overhear Fallon curse.

Blair having the biggest grin on her lips and beside her sat Misha.

Holding onto a newborn baby.

My eyes dart to the corner of the room, Rune Lana and Cyrus all sat staring at the newborn in such amusement.

"Aubrey, Aubrey Violet Larson" Misha says slicing the thick air like a simple soft cake, my eyes dart back to the newborn.
"Aubrey as in...our mother." Fallon's voice came out as a raspy whisper, Misha nodded and slowly stood to make his way towards us, Tensing my eyes round in fear.

A baby people, it's a baby, how the hell do I hold a baby.

"Violet for my mother" Blair finishes.
"It's a girl right?" I asked, Misha's smile dropped within a second while everyone releases a chuckle including Vivian.

"No it's a unicorn, yes it's a girl" Misha spoke sarcastically while giving me a death glare, "Just making sure" I shrugged.

Stella and Fallon went up to Blair first while Vivian and I stood back, I fidgeted with my fingers from the excitement of meeting my baby niece. Holy shit it's happening, my best friend had a baby! A freaking baby?!
You know what that means, I get a little toddler to finally do my makeup.

My lips burn from my smile as I tried peeking in to see her face, "Quite acting like a child" Vivian slaps her hand into my stomach.
"Quit being a buzz kill, buzz kill" I could sense Vivian's eye roll-

"Uh babe are you sure giving Kenji our baby first is a good idea-" Before Blair could finish her sentence, I was already carrying little Aubrey in my arm while pacing across the room, Mishas eyes round in fear as he follows behind me like a stalker when suddenly Rune and Lana jerk up from their seat also following alone.

"You okay right?" Lana asked worryingly peaking behind my shoulder.
"I'm perfect" I beam.
"Not you," They all said at once, I rolled my eyes- when I suddenly freeze on the spot, the shoes of Lana squeaked behind me.

My eyes widen in shock, Clear ocean blue eyes with a tint of grey around her pupil,, holy crap...

She released a yawn as she blinked up at me, her skin was still bubbly pink, along with the tiny strands of blonde hair that you could barely see peaking down her small white hat.

She looked just like Misha, along with his glare.
But she was still as adorable.

Reference pic

(The cutest little picture ever!)

"Cherry?" Glancing in her direction I watched as she took in a deep breath, Everyone turned to Vivian who was keeping her distant from everyone.

"Viv...do you want to..." Misha clears her throat, Vivian's grey eyes dart between Aubrey and Fallon when she suddenly took a step closer.
"I need a minute" And fists the labor room door open before shutting it behind her. "Vivian-" I gently hand Lana Aubrey when I try to follow behind, Fallon stops me grasping onto my wrist to pull me back, narrowing my eyes either a frown I jerk in her direction.

"Give her a minute...please" She whispered, a Confusingly I stop and glance back at the door, "What happened?" I curiously asked before she releases my hand, her stare shifts uncomfortably, and sighing I glance back at the door again, does she have a phobia for babies?

I've never seen Vivian run away from everyone before, I've never been more intrigued by anyone in my life before other then Vivian.

Everything about her is a mystery, the reason she is the way she is, obviously had to do with Henry, but why won't she trust anyone? Why does she push everyone away, why does she get afraid of physical touch? And why the hell is she afraid to hold a newborn?

Sighing I glance back at Fallon, "Just let me know if she's fine"