Chapter 17: Lilith

Vivian

As expected Kenji and I ignored each other and focused on work, we hadn't talked about our one nightstand four weeks ago, our talks have only been about work, and our mission with Tanzi.

Besides work, it's how's your day or get home safely, good morning, see ya, bitch and dick under our breaths.

But deep down I know we're both frustrated by our last fight, and I hate to admit it's been a bitch on my shoulders.

"I quit the club and decided to work as an assistant, for CEO Roman Black- VIVIAN?!"

I flinch from Lilith's sudden scream, I face her nervously "Did you hear anything I was saying?" I shook my head back and forth while I stabbed the piece of salad with my fork.

She let out a groan that caused me to smile.
Lilith Corvina, aka my childhood best friend, who's currently visiting from New York City before she gets dragged into Roman's mess.

She's the only closest friend besides Fallon and Misha who's seen me through my dark past, she tried to save me from Henry, but I ignored her advice.

Because love really does make you blind as people say, it took me half my teenage years to realize she was right all along, she would tell me about Henry trying to touch her and get her in bed while we were in a relationship.

That led to us separate since I didn't believe a word she said, I couldn't blame Henry, she had the blue shade of eyes with a hint of grey, big natural nude lips with tan skin, and her hair reminded me of Fallon except beside Fallon light shade of brown her was a bit darker, she reminded me of a model, and hell she could pass by one.

We both get each other from our dark past and made each other promises since then.

"Never fall in love with a dick head ever again"
"We swore off men"
"Comfort each other when we need it"
"And last but not least, know our worth"

Yeah I know it's stupid, but we were just kids and haven't spoken about it since, but we still remind each other about it, without words and just facial expressions, we've both succeeded so far why not continue? the best thing about hanging out with Lily is the men.

Both of us together intimidate them, which leads to them not even daring to come up to us, just with our resting faces they jerk their heads in a different direction.

"Whatever I told you over text either way" I smile while glancing up at her, as she sipped on her iced coffee she always gets with her chocolate-covered donuts.

"You think I'll like him" she asked arching a brow, sighing I bite my lower lip.
No, you'll hate him with your dear life.

"Yes he's cool" Lies, if I hate that motherfucker she will too, hate is a strong word to describe him tho, he's basically a combination of Misha, Kenji, and Cyrus.

Serious with work, gets any girl he wants in bed, too cocky, can kill you in a blink of an eye, he might seem like a funny guy at first, but trust me you don't want to get the dumbass dark side.

I have to admit he is one of the most attractive man I've met so far, Born in Nee Jersey, from Italy, knows six languages, has the perfect shade of hazel eyes, curly hair any girl wishes for, a shaved beard, tattoos covering his left arm and hand, the guy basically has a sleeve beneath those expensive suits of his.

And not to mention the fact how majestic the guys body is, an eight pack, big enough biceps to hold onto, broad shoulders that all girls look for in a guy...

I roll my eyes to myself and blink the thoughts away, your delusional Vivian, he's might be attractive but the guys annoying, "Good to hear...anyways you will not believe what happened last night"

"You were at the club and a total of three men got into a fight for you" I tease
"Close" I release laugh when she gives me a worried look.

"I babysat my home friends while they partied...and a creep harassed me-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I had fisted the table that caused a screeching sound from my nails, "What" I snap.

"But before he could do anything... a guy stepped in and stopped him" she exhaled "But we got into an argument after that" I couldn't help but snort a laugh, and a second later she had joined in both of us wheezing and snorting like two loud pigs catching everyone's attention, my stomach ached in pain after-

"Cherry?" I froze in place my laugh dropping, while Lily redeemed herself and wiped the tears slipping down her cheeks, I felt my chest tighten from the voice I just overheard behind me.

Kenji...

Did-Did he just see me laugh like an animal...

My gaze met Lilith who was already undressing glaring through Kenjis soul, I slowly face him and glance up to see him smiling at me, his eyes beam with amusement, fuck he did see my ugly laugh didn't he? He must have loved that.

"Cherry?" I glance back at Lily, who was giving me a confused and worried look, "Viv is this guy catcalling-"

"What the hell, fuck no!" Kenji suddenly shouts, oh no-

Before I could even blink Lilith had stood up, "I've dealt with guys like you in the past, and trust me they all never even dared look me in the eye after I was done with them"

Great here we go.

"If you ever harass my best friend ever-"

"Best friend? Hmm well this is interesting your like Vivian 2.0"

I rolled my eyes and stood up, "Lilith this is Kenji, my coworker" Lilith's mouth turned into an O and her eyes widen.

"Oh your Kenji, well now I have a better reason to fuck you-"

I stop her before could close the gap between them too, "I can handle him trust me" I warned, His eyebrows raised as he tucked his hands inside his pockets "Oh she can handle me alright"

God kill me now.

"And what's that supposed to mean?"
"She's tried killing me more than a thousand times" he made it sound like a reward with the big smile he had on his lips, which made my insides curl in a weird way...
"I've killed any man who came across me."

"Ouch, Cherry I thought I was special"
"Mentally" I shrugged while Lilith let out a snort beneath her throat, "What do you want Kenji" I arched a brow facing him I fold my arms across my chest.

He let out a sigh and gave me a warning stare.

Of course... work-related.

"I'll meet you in the car" Lilith sighed catching my attention catching the last death stare she gave Kenji before picking up her nearly aten donut and iced coffee from the table. Glancing back at Kenji

I frown as I catch his head tilted as he admired her fucking ass "She walks just like you, you sure you aren't related" rolling my eyes I groan taking my seat, so he's stared at my ass before-

Fuck of Vivian!  But I wouldn't be surprised if we were.