Chapter 16: Act

Vivian

I knocked on Kenji's door patiently waiting for him to open up, I didn't realize till today I had left my purse from how much of a hurry I was to leave. I changed out of his clothes and back into my dress, Kenji Chen is the first person I slept beside after years, the first person I shared a bed with...and the first guy to...cuddle me in bed-

My thoughts get cut off by the click of his door, taking a step back I-

Suddenly I froze in place when Stella Hart, the Stella Hart stood at the door with a smile on her face, "Hey Viv!" Shock crossed my face as she wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace, "Hey Stell" I spoke trying to hide the awkwardness in my voice while slowly hugging her back, she was a few inches taller than me but still enough for me to be able to face her off with my heels.

"When did you get back?" I released her putting a slight smile on my lips while she leaned against the door, "A few minutes ago, anyways you do realize this is Kenji's apartment right..."

I arch a brow, and couldn't help but maintain my chuckle, I see Kenji has spoken about me...

"Yes I do...is he home?" I spoke every word with a tight firm as she gave me another smile, is she always this...happy? Your just jealous her smile looks genuine

Shaking off the thought I sigh my blood becoming warmer.
"Yeah-" Before she could finish her sentence she jerked back and my eyes darted to a specific eight-pack chest before landing on his brown eyes, he stared at me in shock and...amusement before his gaze dropped to Stella, I felt shot run up my spine as he was nearly pressed against Stella's back, wearing nothing but black shorts while his hair was soaking wet.

"Cherry everything okay?" He asked, and as if Stella sensed the tension she excused herself and paced back inside walking under Kenji arm he had pressed against the doorway
"I'm fine, just came to pick up my purse, I'll come back later...you seem busy" Before I could turn around and pace down the hall the grip of Kenji's hand wrapped around my wrist.

I didn't pull away since there were a few people in the hallway, I had no intention of causing a scene, well just for today, "What's wrong?"
"Nothing is wrong" I declared with a harsh tone in my voice, "Why are you staring at me like that then?" a grimace crossed his lips, his eyes beaming, rolling my eyes I scoffed and arched a brow, "This is my resting face"

"No, it's not, that's your shit's about to get messy face" I prevented my smile by thinning my lips, there's no way Kenji's jokes are now funny-

Snap out of it Vivian, "It will if you don't let me go" Within a second his hand was off my wrist, "I came for my purse, I left it here after last night..."

"Oh...right I'll go get it, wanna come in?" I shook my head and gave him fisting my hands behind my back nervously, my nails dig into my skin as

Kenji released a sigh and headed back inside as I patiently waited, that's when Stella suddenly walked out of his door giving me a wave goodbye I smiled and nodded but before she could leave, I had the urge to ask her a question.

"Hey Stella?" she spun around and smiled at me, "Yes?" "Your staying with Kenji?"
"Yeah for a month till I go back home,"
"In his guest bedroom?" I folded my arms across my chest, trying my best to seem...uncared "No he's having it remodeled for some case"

So she's staying with Kenji for a whole fucking month, in his room, on his bed, where we fell asleep together. I felt my blood boil, why am I upset? Why should I be upset? They are just friends...

and at the perfect moment Kenji stepped out of his door and handed me my purse, he stared between Stella and me before I snatched it from his hand. An electric shot runs up my body when his fingers slip through mine, "See you around Viv!" she waved me bye as she walked down the hall and pulled her phone out from a phone call.

"You sure you okay-"
"I said I'm fine, only because we fucked last night doesn't mean you have to pretend you care about my feelings"

Kenji

A scowl emerged on my face, and my blood heated up from Vivian putting up her fake act again, last night I saw the real her in my bed, hugging me back, allowing me to touch her, my arms were perfectly around her waist, the way she held my hand back, and the way her cherry scent became my new favorite smell, her soft curly hair. Fuck.

"The Vivian from last night, was it just an act?" I harshly spoke keeping my fisted hands calm, the last thing I want is to start an argument, I watched her gaze soften, patiently waiting for her response all she does is look away.

Vivian, she looked away.
The Vivian fucking Larson broke eye contact for the very first time

I smile to myself licking my bottom lip trying to maintain the anger inside my skin. "Goodbye Vivian"

And before she could respond I pace inside and slam the door shut, I sigh my back pressing against the door, silent still stood outside when seconds later I overhear her high heels slowly fade away from my door, "Well that looked intense, now when are you getting the ring fixed?"

Koa beams while taking a big bite of his honeybun, I rolled my eyes and lean off the door, "Soon," Very fucking soon, the last thing I want is MY ring to remind me of her, the only place I can get away from reality and pretend my life is as perfect as everyone thinks.