Chapter 12: Blackmail

Kenji

Before I entered the meeting room I gestured for the ladies to enter first before walking through the double doors, we all took our regular seats while Misha and Vivian stood up. Our eyes met as I confusingly frowned, Vivian hadn't given us a speech in a while, is this the news she was going to tell me earlier? "As you all know, I took a long break, and now that I'm back I have some news" She starts before her gaze leaves mine.

Vivian

I felt my chest tighten at all their eyes staring back at me in confusion and worry, but my eyes kept meeting someone specifically who didn't look too pleased, Kenji.

he looked just as worried, and just as confused, his hands gripping his crossed legs

"I know we've all been through hell and up because of my past and decisions-" I sigh
"Vivian it wasn't your fault" Fallon interrupts with a slight smile
"Please Fallon let me finish" I cleared my throat while glancing at every face with a serious expression, "Because of me Henry got involved in all of our life, I trusted him and told him everything when I was younger, and it backfired on me, so I came to a conclusion and decided..."

Sighing, I lick my bottom lip before facing them again, my head held up straight along with my posture, as much as it hurt the words were just in my throat, come on Vivian they'll understand.

"I'll be the one to take down Tanzi,"
"Wait what?!" Everyone shouted, including Misha "Who the hell is Tanzi?..."I overhear Kenji whisper under his breath but try to look as upset as everyone.

"Vivian that's not what I agreed to" Misha frowned while scolding me, his grey eyes turning cold and dangerous, I remember that gaze, it was when I confronted him about loving Blair in his office.

He was ready to attack, and I couldn't blame him, what he said was right, I'm incapable of feeling love, but for once in my life, I'm going to be selfish, I'll be taking Tanzi down, I'll be the one to kill him, I've put everyone's life in danger, I'm the main cause of everyone trauma.

Lana almost got raped by Henry, Cyrus and Nevan's life were at risk twice, Fallon almost died in my arms, Blair and Lana got kidnapped, and Henry had been stalking Lana to get to Misha, knowing it would hurt seeing my only family suffer.

They went through so much, all because of Henry and his family, I can't let them get hurt again, especially with a new Larson to the family, like hell I'm putting Blair and Misha's life at risk. 

"I also tricked you into signing the contract, if you knew I was going solo on this mission you would have never signed-"

"Like hell, I would have signed it! are you insane I'm not allowing you to go after the fucker alone!" he said cutting me off mid-sentence, "He's right Viv," Nevan says sitting across from where I stand, meanwhile, Blair, Fallon, and Kenji all agreed at once, 

I felt my ears bleed from their yells and frowns, shutting my eyes I take a deep I control my shaky hands.

"Vivian we are not letting you after an Empire all alone, and especially the Voltages!" Blair shouted staring at me with worry. God I now know what those doe ocean eyes make Misha go insane, they're innocent and filled with light and she could easily convince anyone to do as she says, "I can't put our future Larson at risk, I'll make sure Tanzi knows no one is involved in this mission but me"

"You think he'll care? Tanzi's the father of a psychopath Cherry, he'll do anything to make sure your on your knees for him" Kenji adds, and for some reason hearing his words hit me in the chest deeper than anyone else's in the room swallowing I feel Misha's hand grip mine tightly.