Chapter 8: Dinner

Vivian

My head throbbed and my body ached in pain, what the fuck happened last night? I slowly sat up from bed and tried to adjust my eyes to the brightness of my room, glancing at the clock I checked the time-

11:56

I checked again with wider eyes.

11:56 Oh that's interesting, hm 11:56, I've never woken up to see a time that late.

I checked one more time, 11:56, wait a fucking minute "What!" I shout sitting up from bed, to see the sun clear as day, oh my god Misha is probably screaming his head off, while Blair is off from being his assistant I'm supposed to be taking care of her position.

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!

I made sure to check my phone to make sure I didn't get a two-week notice, but to my shock, I had no messages, only from one specific person I didn't expect.

The Annoying Twin: Misha left some donuts and a pumpkin spice latte I thanked him for you

HUH?

Misha leaving me breakfast? am I even up? or is this another weird dream?

Before I could text Kenji back, I ran down the hall to see a bag of donuts and a pumpkin spice latte in the fridge. Seems like Misha woke up on the right side of the bed for once, that's odd, Misha wouldn't break into my apartment without me knowing about it.

Me: Is he okay?

After thirty seconds Kenji responded with laughing emojis.

The Annoying Twin: Dont feel special Blair forced him to.

Me: that makes sense.

Sighing I glance toward my door-frowning I narrow my eyes at the doorknob, I slowly stalk toward the front door as if it's a wild animal.

A new door knob?

Kenji

I sat across from Blair while Misha placed a glass bottle of apple sparkling cider in the middle of the table, Every Friday Blair has her daily family dinner, and I'm always the first one to show up including Lana and Cyrus, but for some odd reason their jet has been late. 

"Anything you need me to do-" Blair then suddenly let out a groan interrupting me mid-sentence, Misha and I jerked our heads toward her direction with worried expressions, "Guys I'm fine the baby just kicked"

I let out a relieved sigh along with Misha when the door slammed open, "Daddies home!" A frown morphed onto my face as I watched Koa walk into the dining room while holding onto a plate of salad.

"Did he just- you just stole my line?" I let out an exaggerated gasp as he rolled his eyes, "Correction you stole it from me, I'm just taking it back" I rolled my eyes while he gave Blair a tight hug, along with Koa walked in Lana and Cyrus.

"Sorry, we're late, I had a quick meeting with Silvia" After Cyrus and Lana moved to Rome, every week they visit for three days since Lana is Blair's made of honor.

And Rune's Misha's best man (Bitch) They make the most of it to plan the wedding, After Lana gives her hugs, they sat down, and as expected Lana and Blair discussed the venue for the wedding.

Thats when Misha called for me in the kitchen, "What up bestie" I smiled while leaning against the counter and folding my arms across my chest, "Don't call me that"
"Yes sir" I cleared my throat while he gave me a death stare that could cut through my skin with his dark gray gaze.

"Our bachelor party-"
"Misha we talked about this" Rune cuts through the conversation, Misha let out a sigh as his best man (Asshole) walked through the kitchen doorway.

"Yacht, check, Alcohol, check-"
"Don't forget the sex doll" I cut in interrupting him mid-sentence
"Of course, I didn't forget" Rune gave me a teasing face
"Why the hell do we need a yacht and a fucking sex doll?" I could sense Misha's eye roll from the back of my head.

"It's a bachelor party-"
"What?!" I flinch while we jerk our heads toward the kitchen doorway, to see Vivian and Lana giving us frowns, "Are you coping my idea!" Lana screams at the top of her lungs causing me to ooo Rune and pat him on the back for reassurance he can win this argument, hopefully, well here we go everyone, get your popcorn and drinks ready for the best telenovela you'll ever see.

"First of all the yacht was my idea-" Rune points his finger in her direction while giving her a dirty stare, well this is about to get amusing.
"You son of a bicth!" Lana stomps her foot while propping her hands on her waist, 

I felt my ears bleed while the two of the most stubborn family siblings argued about their bachelor party, I turned to glance at Misha to see him scrolling through his phone ignoring the children throwing a tantrum.

"Rune, I ordered the yacht already!" Lana shouts.
"So did I, cancel it!" He shouts back fisting his phone to show her the receipts, "You tell her babe" I smile stealing a piece of cucumber from Koa's salad
"No you cancel yours!" 
"Thiefs these days-" he sighed while running both hands through his hair.

Before Lana could pounce on Rune's back, Cyrus held her by the waist while dragging her out of the kitchen, she's been hanging around Vivian for too long "Guys this is a family dinner, not a wrestling ring" Blair storms in folding her arms across her chest.

"Mothers upset, kids let's go" I smirked while making my way toward the dining table.

Of course, I had to sit across from Vivian, I had to control the urge not to glance in her direction, even tho I wanted to, the memories of yesterday replayed in my head.

But I couldn't help but feel the air between us thickening by the second.

You know what fuck it.

I gave Vivian my full attention while Lana showed off some baby clothes she made for our future niece/nephew.

I examined all her features, from her dark wine hair to her lips, the way she fakes a smile when someone says a joke, the way her siren dark cloud eyes could kill a whole city with just a look, The way her jawline stiff from her every movement-

Electric shots run up my spine when she catches me staring, but I don't look away, I just lick my bottom lip and run my fork through my salad.

A sudden slight smirk tugged her lips but I could tell she was trying her best to hide it, and I felt a sudden touch beneath my foot run up my leg, I flinched causing me to stomp my knee on the table, and her bare foot ran through my leg teasing me, I hold in my groan covering my mouth with my hand.

"Kenji you okay?" Blair asked worryingly, I dug my nails into my thighs from the question, "Yeah just a leg cramp" I faked a chuckle while they all nodded and continued whatever they were just speaking about.

I turned back to look at Vivian to see her bottom lip being smudged by her dark red lipstick, I prevented myself from leaning close and rubbing it off, but that would be stupid of me since I knew she would stab my hand away with that butter knife sitting on the table.