CHAPTER-28

"Oi Wings! What'd you thought about the Christmas party?" Sirius's voice boomed in my ears, as I snapped out of thoughts and turned to him. I slightly smirked as I saw Sirius and James looking at me expectantly.

"I'm sorry mate, can't chat with you guys this time. I've a lot on my plate." I said, tutting at them as I flipped another page of my Potions book. They both let out loud groans.

"Oi Isa that is absolutely not fair!"

"Yeah mate! When does Wings ever have any homework due?"

"Right you are Prongs. Isa is lying."

They both whined as I rolled my eyes. I closed my book with a loud thud, making them look at me with wide eyes. I chuckled at them as I chucked one of the common room pillows at James. He dramatically fell down from his couch as Sirius and I started sniggering at him.

It had been three days since my birthday, Christmas holidays were finally round the corner. Although my parents didn't send me any Birthday gift, I was completely and absolutely beaming with happiness when I saw the massive surprise party my friends had planned for me 3 days ago. I was overwhelmed with emotions when I saw the presents lying on the table that day and the gleam of love in every one of my friends. Unlike the presents I received while I was in the manor, the gifts I had received were filled with warmness and love that I didn't receive in the manor. Unlike the big and boastful pretentious presents I got in the manor, I was bombarded with small but sweet gifts from my friends in Hogwarts. I finally got to know, how being loved feels like. And of course, the cute tiny kitten that Sirius had gifted me was one of my favourite presents. I had named her Sitara, which meant a star in a holy language called Sanskrit. I named her that because she always glowed like a star, her white-creamy fur looked silver when it came in contact with the shine of the moon. She was ethereal, probably like a Greek goddess in her animagus form. She was currently sleeping peacefully in my dormitory as she'd disturb me all the time when I was trying to study. But I think I won't be able to study like this either. Sirius and James have made sure of that.

"Unlike you guys, I'm a human! So I have to fulfill the need of studying or else I would have to go sleep in the streets." I ranted as they both looked at me lazily. Sirius rolled his eyes as he came over to me and slid his arm on my shoulder. I felt butterflies rise in my stomach, but I quickly ignored it as I look at Sirius while raising my eyebrows.

"Oh Isa, Isa, Isa" Sirius sang as I rolled my eyes at him, "We've already told you that we'll be buying a massive house for all of the Marauders members when we grow up!" Sirius finished in a matter-of-fact tone. I raised my eyebrows at him in amusement.

"And who are you expecting will be paying for the house Padfoot?"

"James and his wife Lily of course! Look Wings, at first James and Lily will be buying that massive house for themselves but then! We all will insist both of them to let us stay in their house and boom! The house is ours. The plan is quite simple." 

"Hey!" James yelled, clearly dumbfounded as he smacked Sirius on his head by a book. 

"Ow!"

"You deserved that mate. And anyways I don't think Wings and you will have to settle with us, you would've just settled with your kids by then." James said, pretending to be thoughtful. I turned crimson red as I punched James in the arm with a scowl on my heated face.

"Hey!"

"It's true!"

Smack.

"Wha"

Smack.

"Aight! Fine you win!" James said dramatically holding his left arm as I rolled me eyes and shook my head. He would pay if he said something like that in-front of Sirius. I curiously turned to Sirius, who was strangely already looking at me. Okay? Weird.