CHAPTER-26

When your family consists of murderers and psychopaths, you tend to hate the holidays, especially when it's your birthday. Usually, birthdays involves of laughter, joy and just all wholesome atmosphere, well it's quite not like that in a wealthy snobbish pureblooded household. My birthday always consisted of me pretending to be elegant and poised in the birthday balls my mother arranged to interact with other pureblood families and decide my future rather than greet me with a simple birthday wish. The pureblooded mothers usually gossiped about whom will their child marry when they get older, it was honestly like they had already arranged our future, without even informing us about it. It was infuriating of course, but clearly I had to put up with it. The Pureblooded men usually were always involved in discussions of murdering someone, of course a birthday ball will be the most appropriate place to discuss someone's death now wouldn't it be? But however, I wasn't allowed to voice my opinions, as instructed by my mother, it's not a girly thing to do of course!

Never in my 12 years of life, I had been greeted with a single genuine 'Happy Birthday' greeting, well except in my first year, all of my friends greeted me with warm and cheerful wishes for my birthday and some adorable gifts. It was seriously hysterical that growing up, I had heaps of balls celebrated in honor of my birthday, but no single person had greeted with me anything but of course some expensive gifts to show how wealthy and rich they are. I was mostly acknowledged by a stiff nod or just a glance. Conceited gits. My own family didn't even acknowledge what in the holy Hufflepuff I was expecting from some stranger families? Honestly I don't expect anything from anyone anymore. But today was something I was excited for, too much that I didn't get any terrifying nightmares.

It is my birthday today, November 15, just five days after Alice's birthday. In the morning, I was of course bombarded with various wishes and hugs by Lily and Alice and a girl named Mary Mcdonald that shared the dormitory with us but was basically never seen in the dorm, she was quite mysterious, but nevertheless she seemed nice so I didn't mind her that much. It felt nice. It felt nice to know that there were people who cared for me genuinely, not the ones who just cared for me to be perfect, otherwise it would ruin their fame of perfection. Sirius had planned a massive surprise for me, well that was what I had heard when I 'accidentally' heard him talking with the other Marauders and Lily and Alice when I was returning from the library late at night on Wednesday. As much of a curious cat I am, I had controlled myself from reading their mind because I didn't want their faces droop when they see me un-surprised at...whatever they were planning well.

I had, just like last year, not received a single gift from my family, not even a single letter to acknowledge my presence, I'm sure Lucius must have received some massive gifts by our family by now. Oh shoot, there was something else also that my family was in favour of: boys. They thought girls were just there to sit elegantly and keep quiet, The boys were the 'hidden gems' in the family, apparently they were the only ones who were able to do things which weren't even possible to think for a girl. I find it quite hilarious, because the only single thing Lucius knows is to let people down and think he's the kind, where I can perform anything a wizard could imagine. How ridiculous is that!

It was a Friday, so we had two free periods in which we were allowed to roam around the class, which as I assume, will be the time the surprise of Sirius will be taking place.

All of them had of course hosted a pre-birthday party for me last week, which went quite awesome in my opinion. Probably the best pre-birthday party I ever had in my life, well it was the only pre-birthday party I had in my life so, I didn't have a choice. I was thankful to Sirius and James who arranged the party which they returned with shoving me in the freezing Black lake, which in no time I had pulled them in too. The party was fantastic.