CHAPTER-23

"Isabelle Persephone Malfoy wake up! Oh Merlin, do you realise what is the day today?!" Alice screamed at me, jumping on and off from her bunk bed. I groaned as I threw a pillow at her making Lily snort, who was doing her make-up in the bathroom. Alice looked at me furiously as she came running and jumped on my bed which made me fall on the stone-cold floor. Ugh what would I do with a little bit of peace.

 It was 31st of October, and most importantly a saturday. Most of the people woke up in the afternoon, just like me, but this day was quite different. I whined as I slept on the floor, unbothered by the cold. Alice scoffed.

"Are you seriously gonna sleep on the floor now? It's like 4 in the Afternoon! C'mon Belle get ready today is Halloween! the day of licorice and candies" Alice said dreamily, clapping her hands, while Lily walked over to me and started dragging me to the bathroom, I groaned out of grogginess as Lily rolled her eyes.

A lilac colored dress was thrown on my face by Alice as they both pushed me in the bathroom. I rubbed my eyes harshly as I walked in front of the mirror, I looked like a complete mess. My blonde hair were messy, while I had dark circles under my eyes because of staying up late. I was completely engrossed in my thinking when Lily banged the bathroom's door and told me to hurry. I sighed as I went in the shower. 

Today was the grand Halloween party, all of the classes were cancelled because of the ball that would be taking place in the Great hall. Lily and Alice were bouncing on and off from excitement this whole week, while I didn't give much thought to the party. I scrunched my nose when I saw the Lilac dress, It had a sweet-heart neck, the neck was covered with lavender colored mesh while the gown swayed gracefully on the floor. I was definitely not gonna wear that.

I sneakily took some comfortable clothes from my closet as I threw the dress on Lily's bed and tried to tip-toe to the common room silently before being seen by Alice or Lily, who were giggling and dramatically swaying their dresses. I accidentally stepped on one of the muggle cosmetics that were scattered all over the floor by Lily as I hissed in pain. Shit I'm doomed. They both raised their eyebrows at me as Alice crossed her arms.

"Now, now, Miss Malfoy why are you sneaking out of our dormitory?" Alice said tutting, while Lily looked at me, her eyes widening.

"Where's the dress and why aren't you wearing it Belle?!" Lily screeched, as she frantically searched for the dress and found it laying down on her bed which made her give me a death glare. Alice sighed dramatically as she dragged me to her make-up table.

"We aren't leaving you too soon Belle, that dress cost me galleons and you have to wear it! No exceptions! Plus Urquhart is gonna swoon over you when he sees you in that dress" Alice said, winking at me while putting blush on my nose, making me sneeze. I glared at her as Lily came behind me and rolled her eyes.

"Oh Merlin Belle, your hair's a mess" she said, combing my hair harshly, as I let out 2-3 'Ow's' and told her to stop, but she didn't listen of course. 

"Oh my gosh, I just can't believe that Frank asked me to the ball yesterday, Oh this day will be written in history!" Alice exclaimed, sighing dreamily, while I scrutinized my nose in disgust.

"Ew." As I said that, I got a smack on my head while I groaned. 

"Stop moving! I'm curling your hair Belle"

"Wait let me apply some gloss on your lips"

"Gosh Belle that dress would look good on you"

Their nagging felt like forever, but it was mere 5 minutes when they told me to get changed in my dress in the bathroom, which I did un-willingly. Mother always forced me to attend these kind of balls when I was small, the whole formal attires and scandalous dresses sickened me to another level. A reason why Balls and parties suck. I struggled to get in the dress, it was too small for me, and the fact it was a corset dress, made me suffocated, it had a slit on the front, revealing my legs. The dress was of course really alluring and beautiful. I shyly came out of the bathroom, as Lily and Alice gawked at me, Alice clapped her hands to her mouth as she slowly walked up to me.