CHAPTER-2

I gulped, thinking I was gonna choke on air as I opened my mouth to speak, my voice came out as a dry, throaty whisper,

"Dromeda, Bellatrix is gonna become a Death Eater."

"WHAT!" Andromeda shrieked, she broke down on her knees, crying. I looked at her sympathetically. I surely couldn't know what she felt like at the moment, of course, I didn't know the sisterly love they shared, Though I wish I did know. I took heavy steps near her as I stroked her back gently.

"My mother ordered her to come meet the dark lord...it was a death eater meeting in there. I don't think there's another reason why the Dark lord would want to meet her Dromeda..." I said, my voice breaking slightly, I knew that someday Bellatrix would become a death eater but when she was in her 4th year?! That was outrageous and just so foolish.

It actually made sense when I thought about it deeply. The Dark Lord's alliances were dwindling day by day, so it made sense that he would want more Death Eaters in his group. Bellatrix, being the oldest child in the Black family, was likely given the chance to become a Death Eater. It didn't matter to him if that ruined someone's childhood. Suddenly, a question popped into my mind: would I also have to become a Death Eater someday? The thought made my heart race and my breath hitch. I was of no use to the Dark Lord. I was a Gryffindor, and fortunately, he didn't know about the powers I possessed. Andromeda's shaky voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"N-no this c-can't happen. y-you're l-lying aren't y-you Belle?" Andromeda croaked out holding her head tightly, I looked at her pitifully, she looked so broken and helpless.

"Dromeda, it's really happening. Dark times are upon us. I just hope Bellatrix doesn't go berserk and do something crazy," I said, trying to comfort her as I grimaced at the thought. She was sobbing so hard that my heart broke seeing her like this.

Dromeda was trembling as she spoke, "I don't want her to end up like those masked monsters, Isabelle. Will I have to face that fate someday? Will I be forced to become one of them as well?" Her words hit me hard, and I knew that I had to handle this carefully. I looked at her pensively and pulled her into a comforting hug, hoping that it would convey the reassurance I wanted to give her.

"Everything's going to be alright, Dromeda. Trust me. And we will never, ever become like those monsters," I whispered. But the last sentence was something that I myself wasn't too sure of.

After some gloomy and grim ten minutes I told Andromeda to go wash her face because If they found out we knew about that, they might try to obliviate us. I wished they'd do that though. 

As I sat there, holding my head, trying to forget everything, I suddenly heard a familiar, loud cackling from outside. I recognized that crazy laugh immediately; Bellatrix had come back. I wondered why she was laughing. Was she heartless enough to accept the Dark Lord's offer so easily? Had she become a Death Eater? I just hoped she hadn't, because deep down I loved her. She was my cousin, after all.

As I came out of my room, I was filled with a sudden wave of anger and fury. I noticed that she had her back turned to me, so she didn't see me as I pulled my wand out of my dress and pointed it directly at her neck. The pressure of the wand on her neck made her flinch.

When she sensed a presence behind her, she turned to see, and her maniacal grin transformed into a scowl filled with venom.

"Oh blood traitor, d'you really think you can cast a spell on me? Such an imbecile. Stop this rubbish you traitor, where's my sister!? I will kill you if you tried to do something with her" She spat venomously, glaring at me. My eyes glared at her back, fiercely. Should I tell her how much of an imbecile I am?