Alpha - Beautiful Woman - Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

She doesn't like cold water. She hated freezing because of her past trauma in the sea. And yet... there she was... standing under the cold shower with him.

Sora might be a strong head, but Taehyung saw her determination to break through his walls. She refused to yield to her personal discomfort even as her sensitive skin burned bright red from being stung by the cold shower. Instead, Sora chose to embrace him. Her frail body... trembling out of control to hold him. And even if she had nothing with her but her defenseless shell, she offered her soothing embrace to her lover. Holding him in her arms despite being in a vulnerable state herself. Taehyung noticed her effort. Of course, he did. He had set up the cold shower to form a barrier... yet she walked right through it to reach him.

The alpha's heart throbbed with a troubled stuffiness as he watched her concerned puppy eyes, staring at his stone-cold face with so... so much... fondness and fear. It broke his heart to witness her in that state. He knew... he was mistreating her once again with his coarse actions.

Kim Taehyung believed she never truly loved him because of her past affairs with Kim Seokjin. And consequently, he used his doubt to accuse her of offering false love to him.

He had misinterpreted her genuine feelings.

Kim Taehyung knew he was insecure and especially... guilty of his actions. But he couldn't face his true feelings and chose to demonize his lover's affection. Harshly rejecting her love because he knew it was he... who failed to grant her the love she deserved.

The stone-cold walls he built instantly crumbled at her gently pecks and his heart began pulsating in remorse as she repeatedly caressed his body with her healing touches. Taehyung felt her body vibrating with the chills as he held her in the shower. Despite her distracting love imprints and kisses... Sora's lips were trembling against his.

The only body with enough warmth was his body and not hers... and yet she willingly held onto him.

Even if meant... He'll suck her remaining energy empty from her soul.

Taehyung finally lifted his face from the steering wheel to lean back against his seat with regret. The alpha reflected on his action within the muted space before stepping out of his car with the chip and headed back inside the mansion. Imo appeared with a cold expression, passing Taehyung without speaking to him. The alpha sighed at the elderly woman's attitude and followed her to the kitchen.

"Can I have the cake?" Taehyung asked as imo wiped the kitchen counter. The woman ignored his request and went on with her work. Taehyung rested his arm under his chin as he watched imo perform her duties.

"I'll complain to eomma if you refuse to serve me," Taehyung teased. Imo sideways glared at him. She turned to open the fridge. The woman brought out a slice of cake to place on the plate and hastily shoved it onto the counter, sending the plate skidding across the polished surface.

"Imo!" Taehyung huffed, quickly seizing the plate just before it slipped off the edge with a startled look.

"Happy to serve you, young master," Imo sneered, funnily widening her irritated eyes at Taehyung. The alpha scoffed at her rudeness and glanced down at the cake in irritation.

"Give me a spoon! Am I supposed to eat with my hands?!" Taehyung snapped while glaring at imo as she rearranged the dishes in the cabinet.

"You're twice my height, but you can't reach for a spoon yourself? Do I have to serve you until my stiff back breaks in half?!" She sourly snapped without looking at Taehyung. His mouth dropped open at her rude statement.