16

A/N the long awaited moment (i assume) hopefully it's all to your likings!!!

side note and random thought: I speak only english and yet sometimes it feels like idk wtf I'm reading or saying lol maybe I'm just tired :p

enjoy <33

The man thrashed around violently and I was shocked he hadn't managed to throw himself off the wall on his own.

Instead he spasmed and wailed loudly, throwing his arms about and kicking the inside of the walls.

Elias wasn't fazed, he'd been doing this a very long time and had dealt with infected before.

It was only when Anna grabbed my arm did I realize I had been squeezing my hands in fists so tight I was leaving stinging, red, marks in the shape of my nails indented into my palms.

I shook my hands as I watched Elias slowly approach the screaming man.

He pulled the piece of fabric he grabbed out of his pocket and twisted it tight in a line.

It all happened so quickly I wasn't quite sure, for a moment, if I was dreaming this entire situation or not.

Elias quickly slid down to the same level the man was at and wrapped the fabric around his face, sliding it into its mouth so it was biting down on the cloth and not Elias.

Elias then struggled to grab the zombies arms, thrashing around together as the man fought back.

I felt sick to my stomach watching and I had a moment of regret for deciding to leave my bed this morning.

Maybe if I had just stayed there and wallowed in my self isolation till I was in tears before falling back asleep from emotional exhaustion I wouldn't be watching this in fear right now.

Then I would wake up at a more normal time, maybe closer to six than three, and Elias would be back home already and we'd be sitting together on the couch watching another stupid movie while Noah made loud jokes at the screen.

The man flailed his arms and in a second his nails were scratching along Elias's arm, leaving a trail of blood behind in the shape of rugged claw marks.

"Elias!" I didn't even comprehend myself screaming out at him.

Anna was holding my arm still, probably concerned I would try to jump after him. She stayed quiet and I could see the concern laced in her eyes.

"He'll be fine." She said, and I wasn't sure if she was trying to convince me or herself.

I took a deep breath as I watched Elias yank at the man below and reminded myself of the times outside the walls when he saved me on countless occasions.

He'll be okay.

That time I was sure of it.

Elias finally got the upper hand and pulled the man's arms back, dragging him off the ledge he was hanging out of and dropping him down to the crowd below.

I looked down at the pile of infected at the bottom and the man was still awake, but he was no longer a problem and I felt the panic leave my body.

Elias ignored his arm and started filling the gapped wall with paste, scooping it out quickly until it was sludging over the side before smoothing it all over with the knife.

Once he had gotten it to stop sliding down the wall he threw the pallet knife into the bucket and nodded up at Ravi, who started hoisting the rope upwards.

Anna and I rushed to help, pulling as hard as we could to get him back up over the ledge, and when he was safe on the top of the wall I fell down beside him and pulled him into a hug.