5

The boy standing before us was incredibly hot.

As hot as Elias even.

He had paler skin, and straight brown hair in a fringe, but the style was almost the same. He too wore a scowl etched upon his face, masking all thoughts and emotions from his face.

A septum piercing on his nose, studded earrings and rings. His outfit was all black, muscles slightly showing off as well.

The boy leaned into the doorway, looking Elias up and down with dark eyes.

"New York hmm?" The boy hummed with a prominent French accent.

His eyes were a sparkling greenish gray color.

"Mind if we hide out here for the night? We'll be out of your way in the morning." Elias voice was quiet, almost mumbling to the boy.

The boy stepped up close to Elias, a small smirk peeking out.

"Sure babe, but we'll be joining you to New York." He said. His tongue wet his lips and for a very brief moment I caught a visual of his tongue piercing.

Elias' jaw tensed just barely, but he didn't seem against the idea.

I should have felt somewhat jealous of the boy calling Elias 'babe' but instead I thought the moment was quite hot.

Seeing them stare at each other intensely was an attractive sight.

But then the moment broke as Elias turned and nodded us all forward to head inside. He stayed by the boy at the door, watching us all slide between them to get inside.

I felt flushed as Noah and I moved towards them, not realizing everyone went ahead of us. My eyes wouldn't stop flickering between the two.

The two followed behind me when I finally got inside, pretty boy going over to tell his group what was happening. There were only 6 people sitting around and it seemed like none of them cared.

Pretty boy then introduced himself as Erin, saying he had been heading to the NY draft city already, hearing it was quite stable.

Noah brought me over to a corner in the gas station, in between two shelves, and slumped down to rest our feet.

My head hurt a bit and I coughed a little. I hope I'm not getting sick, they'd leave me behind for being a weakness.

If I feel sick and can't keep up as fast as Elias travels they'd surely leave me behind so I wouldn't drag them back.

"You okay Leo?" Noah asked, his eyebrows were furrowed in concern. I nodded and waved my hand.

"Just tired from walking I'm okay." I tried to reassure him. He bit his lip and shrugged.

"You know, being with a group who knows how to beat the infected really helps. If you hadn't found us, we'd be dead." I told Noah.

He frowned at me.

"I'm glad we did then." He said quietly. "When we get to the city I'll teach you how to fight the infected. That way you won't need help." He added.

I blushed, remembering earlier events when I would trip or miss a hit and need Elias or Noah or Jayden to help.

Ellie seemed to be more preoccupied with Cassie who was also slipping up. Was it bad of me to say I was glad someone else was messing up and not just me?

I was surprised at how little we ran into infected people. Of course we did see a few groups, was attacked a few times, but I expected there to be streets full. There were thousands infected here. So where were they?