carl💟

Alexandria era(before negan)

y/n pov

Alexandria is like a dream. I almost cant remember what life was like before the apocalypse happened. But alexandria brings back the memories of sitting on my porch reading a good book and sipping coffee.

"hey y/n" i hear rick interrupt my book. "yes?" i shut my book holding the page i was at with my finger. "so a group was going to go on a run, and we had tara going but she is in the infirmary for a stomach bug. you willing to take her place?" he asks. tara is a good friend of mine "yeah when do we leave, and is it just a day trip or longer?" i dog eat my page and stand up from my chair. "its just the rest of the day, theres a small town that we wanna go explore" i set my book down on my chair and walk closer yo the door as he speaks "great lemme go back my bag" i smile and open the door to my house.

"alrighy everyone ready?" abraham asks as everyone packs into 2 cars. everyone nods and he starts driving to the destination. i am sitting the the back seat with carl on one side and rosita on my other. Carl and i quietly talk most the way there since we are pretty close. abraham is in the drivers seat while rick sits in the passenger.

"turn here" rick points at a small dirt road. "shit" abraham almost misses it so he has to swerve. making everyone fall to the right. i fall into carl, while rosita holds onto something so she doesnt push into us. "sorry" i push away from carl giggling. "its fine" he quietly responds not looking toward me. i see the heat creep up onto his cheeks in the reflection of the car window. i smile and look away.

carl doesnt speak to me for the reat of the drive. "alright this is it" abraham stops the car and we all get out. carl opens the door and scoots his way out of the car slowly. i look out the front window and scoot to get out not knowing carl hadn't gotten out yet. "oh shit sorry" i laugh. he jumps up out of the car and walks away. i get out of the car and close the door.

"alright lets pair up in teams of 2" rick says turning toward the group of eight "abraham and rosita, glenn and maggie, Daryl with me, and carl and y/n. good? good" he puts a thumbs up and everyone gets in their pairs willingly. "okay so we have split the area in four parts. abraham and rosita take this street. glenn maggie take these two buildings, and carl and y/n take the 2 smaller buildings, and daryl and i will take this building" he points to all the seperate parts of the city on a small map. everyone starts to walk to their places. i grab carls hand and walk towards the furthest building. " come onn" i drag him behind me as he walks slowly. he sighs and walks to my side. i keep a hold of his hand and swing it back and forth.

We approach the small building and bang on the doot with our guns up. no walkers appear to be inside so i open the door with carl behind me. we point our guns up in front of us just im case. i point at him then at a hallway signaling for him to go that way. he complies and clears that side. "all good" he says and puts his gun in his holster. "mine too" i put my gun away and walk to him. " i guess its a clothes store?" i look around at the many items of clothing scattered around. "im gonna start looking around" i move to the womens section looking for some clothes that i, or someone else, would wear.

"you findin' anythin?" he asks "uhh yeah" i stuff some shirts in my bag. i turn around the isle and find the sports section. i look around and find a pair of spandex in my size. thank god. ive been looking for some comfortable shorts to sleep in. i take it off the shelves and put it in my bag.

"alrighy i think thats all ready to head back to the starting spot?" i asked after we cleared both buildings. "yeah" carl stares at the ground. hes been really quiet this whole time. whats up with him.

"finally" i hear rick scoff. we were the last group to get there. "sorry we just found a lot of stuff" i jog to the car and hop in carl doing the same. the ride back is pretty boring since carl doesnt want to talk to me i guess. it seems like a much longer car ride since no ones talking.