Carl Grimes❤

non apocalypse au

y/n pov

Me and carl where just friends but I saw the way he looked at me, how he asked my family how im doing when I stay in my room for longer than 2 days. He always takes care of me and at first I thought it was just because we were just best friends. But I mean carl is really attractive. I just thought He was attractive as a friend but now I think I actually like him.

I invited him over after school like most fridays. After dinner we just hung out in my room. He had broght a pair of pjs for bed since he sleeps over a lot. I put my pajamas on which consisted of a pair of shorts and a baggy t shirt. His was pretty much the same.
I was sitting at the head of the bed with my back leaning against the headboard and my knees tucked to my chest. I was scrolling through social media. He was doing the same on the opposite side of the bed laying on his stomach.

"Do you wanna watch a movie? Im bored."i asked after we sat on our phones a while. "sure  whatcha wanna watch?" he jumped up. "uhh i dont know, somthin' scary?" "sure, what about..." he trailed off "scream, i havent watched it in a long time" " yes i love that movie tooo" he said excitedly "okay lemme get it set up can u make popcorn?"

Carl climbed into the bed next to me as i propped up my mini projecter so it faced the screen in front of us. "its like a mini move theatre" he whispered. I giggled "shhh"

Since I hadnt watched the movie in forever I forgot where most of the jumpscares where. When one jumped out. I jumped slightly my heart pumping fast. I tyrned to carl and he was so scared I laughed at his expression. He looked at me and laughed a bit too. We started watching again when a particularly scary scene came out. I almost yelled but I covered my mouth since it is almost 2am. He laughed at me but I knew he was nore scared than I was.

Carl Pov

I could see y/n was getting tired. I saw her eyelids close and her head droop over to my shoulder. The butterflies in my stomach started dancing around and I could feel my cheeks growing flushed. I started to get tired too when one of tbe characters screamed and woke both of us up. Y/n's head hit mine when it flew up. "god dammit" she groaned rubbing her head. "sorry"I whispered "not your fault" she turned around and looked in my eyes. "Im tired   you?" she whispered sleepily "y-yeah" I stuttered my cheeks getting hot. I reach over to the remote to turn off the movie when I felt y/n's hand brush against mine. We had never had any time of "special" moment. We were just friends, I just liked her and she didnt know. she didnt have to know. I didnt want her to know.  it was a little embarrassing that i grew feelings for my best friend, and she didnt like me back. So if I did anything to even shoot my shot I would get shut down quickly.

"carl?"

"sorry i just- i just zoned out" i stuttered.

shit

y/n pov

"carl?" he was just staring into my eyes for what felt like an eternity. His bright blue eyes staring into me like I had done something weird. He had never looked at me like that before. Almost a look of hatred, I didnt want him to ever look at me like that ever again. He looked mad at me, what did i do  did I say something mean, did i make him feel uncomfortable, I didnt mean to lay my head on his shoulder I was asleep for gods sake.

It couldnt be that maybe he just was in a bad mood.
"sorry I just-I just zoned out" he stuttered to me. "okay..?" i questioned "ya good?" "yeah yeah im fine"he looked away from me and started to get under the covers. I put the projecter and screen away

"we can finish the movie tomorrow if ya want?" i say as i get under the covers next to him.

We share a bed most nights he sleeps over,but this night felt different he was as far away from me as possible. His back was towars me and he was at the very edge of the bed. I turned onto my side so our backs were facing eachother. I let out a rough sigh " goodnight carl see ya in the mornin" " goodnight y/n."