carl❤

I wrote this at camp like when i was supposed to be sleeping so its probably sucky😭
Commomwealth era (carl didnt die idk what ur talking about🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️)

y/n pov

ive been living in the common wealth for about 3 months. the town square is pretty nice, i always sit on the edge of the fountain watching people walk by.

"y/n" i hear my 'boyfriend' call to me "yes?" i turn around "you need to come home now" he demands. "okay okay" i roll my eyes and get up. he grabs my wrist like always. i sigh and follow him.

"y/n." he turns around "what." i say with the 'attitude' he hates "stop that" he rolls his eyes "well what?" i cross my arms "im chea-" i cut him off "i know, anddd  im breaking up with you"

im so mad. he really thought i didnt know he was all up on annie yesterday IN FRONT OF ME. like hello? you have a girlfriend. and then he 'gains up the courage' to tell me like its not a bad thing and boys will be boys. no. boys need to respect there girlfriends, treat them like royalty. i deserve that.

"welcome to the commonwealth!" i hear quietly outside. i walk out the front door and see the governor walking in a small group of people. one boy my age catches my eye. he has one eye, long hair that covers his eyepatch, a cowboy hat, unbuttoned flannel, and beautiful blue eyes. hes breathtaking. i wish i was that pretty and hes a guy. "oh hey! thats y/n shes one of the lead prtoectors of this place!" the governor points to me. i wave and nod my head. the boy stares at me and i stare at him.

i cant stop thinking about what he looked like. i dont even know what his voice sounds like. i dont even know his name. and im acting like im in love with him.

"uhh y/n right?" i hear a quiet voice behind me "yeah what do you nee-" i turn around and see the boy that ive been crushing over recently. "y-yeah what do you need?" i stutter "uhh im just trying to g-get to know everyone.. oh uh my names carl. soo yeah" he says awkwardly  "great uhh i-i got to go uhh see you later?" i acted like i had somewhere to go so i didnt have to deal with my awkwardness. i turn around and walk away cursing myself.

i went to train the new troopers for the commonwealth. i walked in and my eyes widdened as i saw him. shit. "uhh okay so... we are going to practice with partners..." i get out. everyone starts picking partners and since carls new he doesnt go up to anyone. a girl our age goes up to him "hi your new right? well my names annie and im like the best girl here" she is definitely not the best girl here. shes trying to look cool in front of him. i roll my eyes and look away. "uhh okay well do you wanna be partners" he mumbles "oh my gosh of course thanks for asking!" she puts her hand on his shoulder and i get so mad. hes not even mine yet and im already jealous. "yeah..." he turns towards me and my partner leading them. "okay so everyone..." my partner explains the entire course but i zone out and just watch carl.

i get out of my trance when i see carl run towards the course. he is really good and of course annie is falling behind. i would be able to keep up with his speed but of course she cant. what am i even saying. who cares if another girl talks to carl. me i do, hes mine but he doesnt know it yet.

when training is over i walk back to towns square and sitting usual spot. and read my book i was reading earlier. "uhh hey" i jump hearing someone in ny presence. "oh hi" i calm down when i see carl "i was wondering uhh- if you um would like to hang out later today? i sound like a 3 year old" he mumbles the last part "yes of course" i smile "uhh okay y'know where my house is right?if not its right around the corner 2 houses down" he smiles back and points in the direction of his house "okay carl" i blush a little and he smiles and walks away.

its about 6 and im walking to carls house. i cant believe im doing this... getting asked to go to a boys house... its like were in 7th grade. i get to his house and my fist hovers over the door. i finally knock and the door swings open. "hey y/n" he opens the door wider so i can walk in "hi carl"i walk in, i slip my shoes off at the entrance and follow him to the main living area. "do you have your own house?" i sound suprised "and its this big?" i look around at the 2 story house "uhh yeah im about 23-24.i-i don't know anymore." he looks at me "i am too i think, but i still share with my roomate. this is so nice!" i smile at him. "oh uh do you wanna go to my room?" he scratches the back of his neck "sure" i smile and follow him upstairs.