What If Fitz Walked In

STELLARLUNE SPOILERS EVEN THOUGH THIS IS AN ALTERNATE VERZION OF THE STORY. I WILL GIVE YOU TWO SPACES TO READ ON:

Fitz had been walking through The Grove, the place where Keefe lived to see him because they were best friends, when he noticed a couple kissing at the centre of the Grove. He stopped in his tracks, barely believing his eyes. He couldn't believe it was Sophie and Keefe, two people he thought were his best friends. He felt his heart sink as he realised why he had been left out of the group and he also felt bad for breaking Sophie's heart.

He walked over to them, feeling a mix of anger and sadness that Keefe could feel. He cleared his throat and they both jumped apart, looking embarrassed which was because Sophie was his ex-girlfriend and she was with his best friend.

"Fitz, what are you doing here?" Sophie asked, her voice trembling.

"I could ask the same of you," He replied, his voice icy. He looked at Keefe and then back at Sophie. "Why did you kiss him and not me?"

Sophie looked away, unable to meet his gaze. She took a deep breath and then looked him in the eyes. "I loved you in my head," she said quietly.

Fitz felt as if his heart was breaking. He wanted to be angry, but how could he be if she had already confessed her feelings? He swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded.

"I see," he said, his voice barely a whisper. He turned to walk away, when Sophie reached out and grabbed his hand.

"Fitz, wait," She said. 'I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you.'

Fitz looked into her eyes, and he could see the truth in them. He knew then, that no matter what happened between them, they would always be friends. He smiled and pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay," He said. "Just promise me you won't forget how important our friendship is."

Sophie nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I promise," She said.

Fitz smiled and let go of her. He glanced at Keefe, and the two exchanged a brief nod. He turned and walked away, knowing that in this moment, his friendship with Sophie was more important than anything. He also knew Keefe was better for her.

(A/N: I did AI and did a few corrections here and there.)