𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Slade

I was never planning on confessing to Syn so soon, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love her

I was never planning on confessing to Syn so soon, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love her. I meant my evert word.

I've known her far before she's even met me, while I was doing my research and digging into the monarch and their many secrets.

Her name came up as the sole owner of an estates and land that the monarch ceased wrongfully to turn into farm land. As well as many other innocent families.

I'm sure she was too young or scared to know what they did was illegal.

I wasn't curious about her at first until I was stationed here to guard her. Seeing her for the first time changed my plan's completely.

I expected an all of self woman who cared about nothing and no one but herself, upon my own observation I could easily tell she was a woman who needed help.

A woman who has been hurting for far too long and need an ounce of light in her life. A woman that deserves to be free.

I didn't mean to put myself in that position for her, it just happened and in a way she's the same for me.

My light. Even if she doesn't know it.
_

Syn and I reside under the gazebo in the garden where she reads her book, occasionally ranting to me about it as I listen.

Though I don't say much, I prefer to listen to her speak about whatever it is.

I notice Eren advancing down the gravel path, no doubt to relay a message.

He gets under the gazebo, speaking into my ear his voice just a whisper.

"Verena is demanding to see you in the guest quarters, she says don't have her make a scene."

Glancing over at Syn quickly before I nod and head into the estate.

No doubt she wants the ask me to come back to Emparal again. Like every other time my answer is no.

I get to the guest quarters almost immediately because of how fast I walked. Knocking lightly before I hear Verena on the other said saying to come in.

I do so leaving the door open as I enter.

"You sent for me?" I question the woman who stood in front of the vanity.

"I did, I leave this evening and I'd like to know what your final answer to my offer will be." She explains as she puts down a comb.

"My final answer is no different from the previous. No, I will not go."

"Slade-"

"Verena, you cannot change my mind. You've asked time and time again, a new bargain each time and my answer remains the same." I ranted, my anger almost flared.