𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Syn

I stared up at the man, taken aback by his confession

I stared up at the man, taken aback by his confession. Unable to believe that I was worthy of such.

He loves me?

I haven't heard those words in over four years, since my parents died. It felt unreal.

We shared a long passionate kiss that eventually turned into something more.

Unlike the last time Slade and I left the estate, we got back much earlier giving Slade time to get rest before swapping shifts with Xion at dawn.
_

The next day is rather exciting since I've found out that Verena will be headed back to Emparal this evening after dinner.

I've also been occupied with a new book I started, reading being one of my few portals of escape from this hellish life that I live.

Slade guards me now, though he looks rather tired and I've begged him countless times to take a break and he refuses.

I sit under the gazebo in the garden, the sky is clouded, evident that it would rain soon.

Slade stood behind me, making himself aware of our surroundings every few minutes as I ranted to him about the events of the book I read.

The peaceful moment soon ended when Eren shows up, whispering something to Slade.

Slade peers over at me before leaving and Eren took his place instead.

I grow confused, obviously before I looked back to question the tattooed man.

"Is there a problem?"

"Nothing you need to worry about princess." He replies, avoiding my gaze which is how I know he's not being truthful.

I slam my book shut, placing it on the table beside me before standing and walking around the chair, facing Eren completely now.

"Where has Slade gone?"

He ignores me, like he's done countless times before.

"Eren I do believe you remember Cullen telling you that I am a very persuasive woman." I announce, stepping closer to him.

"Your tricks won't work on me princess, I advise you sit down and continue reading your fairytale fantasy book."

The book is about mass murder and sex but whatever he wishes to believe.

I ignore his sarcastic remarks before I speak again.

"Couldn't they have sent Xion instead?"

"He's gone to visit family today, seen as it is his off day." He answers truthfully

Much to my surprise, though I'm glad Xion is getting to see his family. He has talked about how much he missed them many times, all while fighting not to get emotional.