𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Syn

I head back to my room with Eren, that son of a bitch following close behind me

I head back to my room with Eren, that son of a bitch following close behind me. I enter my room slamming the door shut behind me.

Now alone I belt out a scream of frustration, why can't I fucking live?

I stand in front of my full length mirror, disgusted at the woman that I've been forced to become.
_

I used to live carelessly back at my father's estate, did whatever I wanted from riding my horse through the vast fields to swimming in the lake just a few miles off the estate.

My mother never cared for me to be married, she was always fond of me being who I wanted to be and she didn't care that marriage was never apart of my life's plan.

That is until I became eighteen and spinsters started showing up at our door bidding high prices for my hand in marriage. My father being the greedy, money hungering man he has always been tried to auction me to my highest bidder.

He wanted me to marry into a rich family to support his ego and for status. However, me not wanting to waste my life, being a wife to a man that I don't even love; I refused every candidate he ever presented to me.

Soon his underlying health issues got worse and he passed away. I wasn't saddened by his passing but my mother was and she let depression get the best of her.

I lost both of my parents at the age of twenty all within the space of 6 months. The estate was seized and I would have almost been homeless if I wasn't taken in by a girl's home.

I lived there miserably for two years until the mother of the girls home started auctioning their 'Best girls' away to be married to old disgusting men who paid fortunes for them.

It was disgusting, I was stubborn though and I fought my way out, stabbing a man to death in the process and unfortunately landed right into the hands of a desperate prince who I will soon be forced to call my husband.

Cullen and I met two nights before I planned to escape the home, at a carnival that was held by the Royals for the entire kingdom. I did not know he was a prince at the time.

We became friends while bonding briefly over a game we played together and he helped me escape only to stick me with this God awful plan for me to be his wife as payment for helping me get away.

I quickly learned that he needs to be married to inherite his family fortune and the throne. Him being the absolute dickhead that he is, he was never able to properly find a faithful wife.