𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Syn

  I had no clue Verena's stay was going to be longer than a day, so no doubt it was shocking seeing her at breakfast this morning

Conversing with the queen majority of the time and sparing me short glances every now and then.

Eren now guarded me, his cold demeanor lingering near me as I walked into the library.

Wasting not another second I blurt out my question.

"How long will she be here?" I ask as I spin around to look at him.

There is a moment of silence before he finally answers.

"I was told another two days princess."

Rolling my eyes I march over to my seat at the window before I shoot him another question.

"Why does she want Slade on the national guard of Emparal so badly?"

His eyebrows raise in surprise, as though he wasn't aware himself.

"What do you mean?" He shoots back but I decide to dismiss the issue.

"Never mind. I misspoke."

"You most certainly did not, how do you know that?" Eren questions more assertively, walking over to me in an attempt to intimidate me.

It almost works when a sudden knock at the door shifts both of our attention.

"Good morning princess, I was hoping to have a word with you." the voice of Verena cuts through the air.

I am silent for a moment before I accept with a simple head nod.

She sways in sitting in the chair opposite of my seat. A phony smile plastered across her face like a parcellin doll.

She wore a long sleeved, floor length floral pattern dress. Her hair in a high ponytail and her lips painted in a deep red shade.

She glances up at Eren uncomfortably before speaking.

"I was hoping to speak freely princess."

I look over at Eren who appears evidently annoyed that she's requesting for him to leave the room. He peers down at me his hand held behind his back awaiting my answer.

I nod in response before he leaves, no doubt waiting directly outside of the door.

"What is it that you wanted to speak about?" I question, authority laced my voice.

"Slade Colbain." she answered bluntly, her phony personality subsided instantly.

"My bodyguard? What about him?" I question coyly.

"Is he really just your bodyguard princess? You don't have to lie either, I saw him enter your chambers after hours last night."

I hold my demeanor, not giving her a reaction before I speak again.