46 | I WANT HIM

[ it won't let me add gifs to set the mood i guess it's an app glitch but there's a fun and not actually cannon tiktok with everyone hating gale so that's over there ]

☆︎

DAMN, AND ON HIS FUCKING BIRTHDAY.

☆︎ FEBRUARY 4TH, 2000 ☆︎

Indiana, Jackson, and Sidney were all corralled in Mark's office as he made some adjustments to his board full of clues and suspects — Indy and Jackson dubbed it the 'Murder Board' and would chant every time he put something on it, much to his annoyance and Sidney's amusement. And to add to that, they were throwing a crumbled-up piece of paper that Indiana had swiped from Mark's folder on her back and forth, holding their arms out in a circle like a basketball hoop to help their aim.

While Jackson was on the small couch on the other end of the office, Indiana was perched on the edge of Mark's desk, the piece of paper sailing between them every few seconds. Sidney was taking up a chair near Indiana while Mark leaned over his desk, scribbling things down on a sticky note.

"What do you know about trilogies?" Sidney suddenly asked, looking pointedly at Mark.

He glanced at her for a moment. "You mean, like movie trilogies?"

"You seem to like movies, Detective Dreamy," she noted while nodding to a few of the movie posters hanging in his office — Kiss Me Deadly, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Outsiders.

Mark let out an amused huff while Indiana avoided looking at him, both knowing that nickname would be sticking around. "I think I prefer you call me Mark."

Sidney looked at him pointedly. "Tell you what — I'll call you Mark when you catch the killer and we know it's not you."

The detective was surprised by the attitude in her voice, and Indiana just smirked while throwing the paper ball at Jackson. It almost went too high and hit the wall, but he jumped up so that the paper would fall through his arms — they'd thrown it ninety-eight times without missing a shot.

"All I know about movie trilogies is that in the third one, all bets are off," Mark told her, sounding just like Randy.

"Luke and Leia were siblings, Ripley sacrifices herself—"

"Gruber has a brother in the third Die Hard," Jackson said, adding to Indiana's list. She narrowed her eyes, thinking even less of the sequels than the first Die Hard film, and he knew that.

"I hate you," Indiana told him flatly. He just stuck his tongue out before throwing the ball through her arms.

Sidney then looked between Mark and Indiana, noticing how often they'd glance at each other when they thought the other wasn't watching. "Did you request this case?" she couldn't help but ask, feeling protective of Indiana. She wouldn't watch her friend get her heart broken again.