12 | LAME-ASS PEPSI

MAYBE HE WANTS TO KILL SID SO HE CAN FINALLY HAVE INDY ALL TO HIMSELF.

☆︎ SEPTEMBER 27TH, 1996 ☆︎

Virginia left for another shift at the hospital before Jackson and Sophia arrived to take Indiana to the party, which her older sister was naively believing she was skipping out on. Indy was going to get dressed and ready with Sophia, but first, the siblings took her to the Blockbuster. Their parents asked them to pick up a few movies to get them all through the weekend with the curfew.

The three of them broke off when they got to the store. Sophia went straight to the rom-com section, claiming to be looking for movies for their mother — but they all knew it was her favorite genre. Jackson was stocking up on candy and grabbing the action flick his father requested.

Since Indiana didn't need anything, she found Randy to bother while he was working. The boy was pushing around a cart full of returned videos and putting them back on the shelf. Indiana was sitting on the edge of it, and when he'd asked for a specific movie, she'd intentionally hand him the incorrect one.

"Go faster," Indiana ordered as Randy went down the aisles.

"This is not a Six Flags," he replied, rolling his eyes. But then he grinned mischievously and took a running start. Indiana laughed as he stepped on the bottom of the cart, letting it coast.

Unfortunately, the cart bumped into a man just before it slowed down. "Watch it, jerk," he snapped.

"Sorry," Indy mumbled while giggling.

Randy just shot her a look before focusing back on work as the man passed. He grabbed a stack of tapes to put back on the shelf while she watched. But before he could put any away, Stu snuck up behind him and smacked them from his hand, sending them flying.

While Stu giggled, Randy just glared at him in annoyance. "Dork," he muttered.

Indiana slid off the cart and helped Randy pick up the fallen VHS boxes. Then she moved over to Stu's side, greeting him with a smile.

"Jesus, this place is packed tonight, man," Stu noted, looking around. Considering there was shit all to do in Woodsboro, the Blockbuster was crowded most weekends. But now it was ridiculous. You could barely take five steps without running into someone.

"We had a run in the mass murder section," Randy said with a twisted grin.

Stu leaned his whole body against the opposite side of the shelf that Randy was putting movies away on. "You coming to my fiesta?"

"Yeah, I'm off early – curfew, you know," he told them.

"And I'll be seeing you, sunshine?" Stu asked Indy, batting his eyelashes at her pleadingly.