6 | FAVORITE SCARY MOVIE

[ specific trigger warning for: mega secondhand embarrassment. not even joking, I had to leave my laptop and scream into a pillow at one point. but I couldn't not have it in the story. just know I'm sorry and hate myself ]

☆︎

LET ME TALK TO HIM. IT'LL BE FUN.

☆︎ WOODSBORO, 1996 ☆︎

Woodsboro, California was a small town, but it was also more of a home to Indiana than North Carolina ever had been in spite of the tragedy that forced them to move. One year there had changed her life completely.

She made the best friends she could ever dream of having. Her relationship with Virginia was closer. Her basketball team was ranked third in the state after their nearly perfect season. The Woodsboro Killers were playing every wedding, sweet sixteen, and graduation party in town — they even had four original songs that they were playing at gigs.

It could've been six songs, but two of them were so painfully and obviously about Billy Loomis cheating on Sidney Prescott with Indiana the night her mother died, so Jackson, Sophia, and Isaiah all agreed it was in everyone's best interest to leave those behind in the singer's lyric journal.

Because Billy and Sidney were still dating. Admittedly, Indiana was disappointed. She thought that after the initial pain over Maureen's death began to fade, he would leave Sidney, wanting to remain friends. But that never happened despite how obvious it was that Billy had no real desire to date Sidney any longer.

Well, it was obvious to everyone but Sidney. Sure, Billy still put his arm around her in the hallway and kissed her cheek goodbye, but they hardly ever went on dates. It didn't help how Billy would flirt with girls any time Sidney wasn't by his side.

It didn't help how Billy would flirt with Indiana any time Sidney wasn't by his side — and sometimes when she was.

And while Indiana never gave in, she sure as fuck thought about it all the time. By the time January rolled around, she wasn't so tense and defensive around him. A few weeks into February, she stopped being so vigilant about making sure her curtains remained closed. She let herself go back to admiring him in classes in March. By April, she couldn't help but stare at him when singing anything that reminded her of him.

Not even the death of Maureen Prescott could keep Indiana from falling hard for Billy — it just kept her from acting on the pesky feelings.

It obviously wasn't enough to keep Billy at bay, though. When summer came and Sidney returned to her yearly theater camp, her flight was barely in the air before he was trying to make a move. That led to a shouting match between him and Indiana, who was keeping him from coming in her window. Just because her curtains were open again didn't mean he had an open invitation to try and fuck her while Sidney was away.