9 | GOT YOUR KNIFE

GET FUCKED.

☆︎ SEPTEMBER 25TH, 1996 ☆︎

The Prescott house was a nice one, but it had always seemed extra large and lonely since Maureen's death. Indiana wondered why they didn't move somewhere smaller and with fewer memories of the woman, but Virginia told her that not everyone wants to forget tragedies.

Thankfully, it was still light out as Indiana was dropped off, and Sidney was waiting at the end of her rather long driveway for the girl. Tatum ended up calling not long after, letting them know that practice was going to be longer than normal since they had to adjust to the loss of Casey. But she'd pick them up after.

After working for a year and a half at the diner, you'd think Indiana would have that car she'd wanted so badly. But it didn't take very long of living in Woodsboro to realize she could just always get rides from people. Why would she waste her money when Billy or Tatum or Jackson could run her around?

The lack of car was somewhat annoying now, though, with an inability to drive away from a killer should he appear. They wouldn't have to wait too long for Tatum, though.

"Are you sure we can stay over?" Sidney asked Tatum as the girls walked around the first level of the back patio. "'Cause, my dad won't be back till Sunday."

"No prob," Tatum assured them over speakerphone. "Neither of you should be home alone. I'll pick you up after practice."

"Thanks, Tate," Indiana told her.

"You both okay?" Tatum asked, sensing that Sidney was being quieter than normal — she'd been like that all day.

"Uh-huh, it's just..." Sidney hesitated and looked down at the ground as she climbed the stairs to the second story of the patio. "You know, the police and reporters, and everything, it's like deja vu all over again."

"I'll be there by seven. I promise," Tatum assured them.

"Thanks, Tatum," Sidney said, managing an appreciative smile that the girl couldn't see.

"Later."

After Sidney hung up, she took a second to look out at the land around the house. Indiana mentally noted for the first time that there weren't a lot of neighbors in this area. Just like the old, big houses that Stu and Casey's families lived in.

Indiana would've felt much more comfortable in her own house, knowing there were neighbors on both sides and across the street from her that would hear any kind of commotion. But Indy wasn't going to point that out to Sidney and make her more nervous than she likely already was.

"Make sure to lock all the doors," Indiana told Sidney when they finally went inside.

Sidney did as told, and she would've without Indy's reminder — ever since her mother's murder, she'd been overly cautious about locking doors and windows.