28 | WHO ARE YOU

[ going to bed soon and sleeping soundly knowing some of y'all are gonna be so pissed at indiana for the next two chapters. also i made that gif after like the third chapter of this book and have been waiting to use it ]

☆︎

YOUR GIRLFRIEND FUCKING KILLED HIM.

☆︎ APRIL, 1998 ☆︎

☆︎ APRIL, 1998 ☆︎

As it turned out, the inside of undercover cop cars weren't so different from regular ones, Indiana learned. She was between Hallie and the door, sitting behind Andrews as he drove the car taking them to god knows where. They weren't even completely away from campus, but it was evident everyone was following the curfew. No one was around, which almost made their lone vehicle stand out.

When the car came to a slow stop at a red light, Hallie looked between a clearly-stressed Sidney, and Indiana who was leaning her head on the window, silently pining after Mickey. Then she glanced at the also silent officers, wishing that the car ride was more entertaining.

"So, where are you taking us, anyway?" Hallie asked, trying to make conversation.

"If we tell you," Officer Richards said with a little smirk, "we'll have to kill you."

That earned a snort from Indiana, who finally leaned off the window. And Andrews turned his head to grin at them teasingly. "Don't ask — don't tell."

"Shame," Indy spoke up. "I love to ask—"

Sidney was the one to see Ghostface appear next to the car and scream. But no one could react quicker before he smashed the driver's window open and slit Andrews' throat with his knife.

"Shit, shit, shit," Indiana cursed while immediately trying to open the car. But the door wouldn't budge, as it was meant to keep criminals from escaping.

Ghostface climbed over the top of the car, moving just as fast as Richards, who rushed out to attack him. But Ghostface managed to jump on top of him and catch him off guard. Then he threw the officer against Sidney's window, making the girls scream as he stabbed him. After that, he lifted Richards like he weighed nothing, throwing him onto the hood of the car, which he slid off of and onto the road, motionless.

Hallie ended up turning her whole body and tried to kick out the window on Indiana's side, who leaned out of the way to give her a better angle.

But that did nothing to stop Ghostface, who climbed into the front seat. His masked face turned to look right at Indiana through the metal partition separating them before shoving Andrews' body out of the car and onto the street, getting behind the wheel.

"Out of the car, you fucker!" All four of them looked to see Officer Richards still standing with his gun aimed at Ghostface through the windshield.

Rather than get out, Ghostface just cocked his head and put the car into gear before hitting the gas. The car rammed right into Richards and kept going, swerving wildly as he tried to throw the officer off, who was holding on for dear life, his gun still in hand.