30 | INDIANA JONES WINGER

[ this is... incredibly anticlimactic and boring without mickey. i miss my pookie bear. tried to make it funny at times to make up for the last two chapters ]

☆︎

SHE'S GONNA BE IN THAT THEATER FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE.

☆︎ APRIL, 1998 ☆︎

☆︎ APRIL, 1998 ☆︎

Maybe it was the painkillers, but Indiana was considering using the constant beep of the heart monitor connected to her in a song for The Woodsboro Killers. She had to have surgery on her thigh because of the damage done by Nancy's knife — she probably would've gotten by with a few weeks on crutches if it'd been just the gunshot wound.

Indiana and Dewey were hospitalized and ended up in the rooms right across the hallway from Randy, who was alive and well. But none of them were in good enough shape to get out of bed to visit each other.

Much to the nursing staff's annoyance, they'd constantly shout messages to each other through their opened doors, sometimes having whole arguments. Though now, Randy was sleeping — he spent a lot of time sleeping given that he had been hanging onto a thread for a full twenty-four hours before stabilizing. Dewey was just as tired and lucky that his scar tissue from the first Ghostface attacks saved him from dying in that film studies building.

Indiana was staring up at the ceiling tiles. There were books and magazines to keep her occupied, but she didn't have the energy to pick one up and give it her attention. All she did when she was alone — which admittedly, wasn't a lot — was think about Mickey. She tried to think back on her memories and find signs of who he truly was, but there was nothing but love and happiness that now made her stomach twist and her chest ache.

The only reason Indiana was alone at the moment was because Virginia was packing up her room at Windsor with the others. No fucking way was she going to keep going to college there. Sidney, Randy, and Jackson's parents all flew up to visit their kids and help them get ready to leave. Sophia also got an earful for running across the country without warning.

Of course, their argument wasn't readily valid, because they let Isaiah come with them to Ohio, and the Martins sure as hell didn't run that by Annabelle Starnes for approval. Granted, his folks were on the brink of divorce, so it'd been a day and a half before they even realized their son was out of the state. He didn't care though. He just wanted to check on Indy, and now, he was aiding Virginia in packing up the room since everyone else was busy with their own rooms or Randy's.

"I really hope this doesn't affect your wicked dance moves."

At the sound of Luca's voice, Indiana finally looked away from the ceiling and at the door. Her classmate was leaning against the frame with some cheap daisies in his hand and in a god-awful Hawaiian shirt.