27 | TOUCH AND GO

[  i'm truly ill thinking about chapters 28 and 29. i do not want to put indiana through this. idk why i'm suddenly feeling things like remorse and sadness over this fictional couple, but it's gross and needs to go away so that i can make you guys cry and NOT make myself cry. but for now, indy gets one more chapter of blissful ignorance ]

☆︎

I'M GONNA BE RIGHT BACK.

☆︎ APRIL, 1998 ☆︎

The last place Indiana wanted to be while Randy was fighting for his life in the hospital was the police station, but there she sat beside Sidney with her head in her hands. After Sidney received a threat from one of the computers in the library from Ghostface, Andrews and Richards arrested Cotton Weary for cornering Sidney and intimidating her.

Shortly after, they finally heard about what happened on the main quad. Randy was carted off in an ambulance, practically dead. Sophia rode in the vehicle with him while Dewey, Virginia, and Gale stayed behind to talk to the police about what happened. There would be a guard stationed outside his room at the hospital.

Now, both Indiana and Sidney were sitting at a table with Dewey, Virginia, and Hallie. Jackson had been there, but upon learning Sophia was alone, refusing to leave Randy's side until she knew he was okay, he also rushed to the hospital. Last time, when he left her all alone, a Ghostface almost killed her. He wouldn't risk that again.

"It should have been me," Sidney said with tears in her eyes. She couldn't stand the thought of Randy dying. His condition was much worse than the first time around when he was shot in the shoulder.

"No," Dewey quickly said.

Sidney sniffed and moved to get up. "I should call his mother."

Virginia stopped her and kept her in her seat. "I already made that call. She's flying out with Martha."

Martha Meeks was Randy's little sister. She was only two years younger than all of them and in the grade below Sophia and Isaiah. She was also in the marching band with them, playing the clarinet.

"Indy," Dewey said, looking at the girl that had remained silent since learning the news. "Are you okay?"

"I'm not glass, Dewey," she said stiffly. "I'm not gonna break, and Randy is gonna be fine."

Hallie reached to squeeze Indiana's hand while rubbing Sidney's shoulder. "It's okay to break, both of you."

"It's not going to happen," Sidney said, wiping her teary eyes.

Indiana turned to look at Hallie with a blank look. "The only thing that I'm gonna break is this stupid copycat Ghostface's face."

"Indiana," Virginia said, looking at her intently. "You can't just let all this anger build up inside of you. Randy could die." Indy shut her eyes tightly and took in a deep breath. "Cici is dead. You're not in the right state of mind. I don't want you anywhere near this freak."