13 | YOU AND ME

[  gonna take a few extra days to get the next portion of the book sorted as we shift to scream 2. didn't want to leave you on that cliffhanger for too long, so here it is! after, we'll have a bunch of fun, not at all dramatic or traumatizing chapters for a long while. and no, that's not sarcasm. i know i'm evil but i love mickey so much, and he deserves his time to shine  ]

☆︎

I'M NOT YOUR FUCKING FINAL GIRL.

☆︎ SEPTEMBER 28, 1996 ☆︎

Sidney and Billy still hadn't come downstairs, and Indiana was pissed off over it all. But she knew she had no right. There was nothing morally wrong with a boyfriend having sex with his girlfriend. She was the fucked up one for banging him the night before — and that morning, if they were getting technical.

Indiana moved to share the couch and stayed in the living room with a drunk Randy, hardly paying attention and silently stewing in her jealousy, hating herself and Billy more than she could ever hate Sidney.

She thought it was incredibly funny how Randy was yelling at the screen, as if Jamie Lee Curtis could hear him. As if he hadn't seen the movie a hundred times and knew what happened and that his warnings weren't necessary.

"No, Jamie. Uh, watch out. Watch out, Jamie," Randy rambled, clutching a throw pillow tightly. Indiana was leaned back against him, so she didn't appreciate the constant movement. "You know he's around. You - you know. Look, there he is!"

"He told you, Jamie," Indiana said, grinning as she copied Randy. He nodded vehemently, agreeing with her. "Shoulda listened to Randy."

"I told you — he was right around the corner."

Funny how neither noticed Ghostface coming around the corner coming from the kitchen. They hadn't heard Sidney screaming as she crawled out a window and found the bodies in the garage either. They were just focused on Laurie Strode walking toward the headstone.

"Jamie, look behind you. Look behind you. Aw, turn ar — behind you!" Randy shouted, getting more upset. "Behind you, Jamie. Jamie, turn around. Oh, God, Indy, make her turn around!"

"Turn around, Jamie," Indians instructed again, letting out a giggle.

Just as a scream sounded on the screen, a real one echoed it from outside, coming from Sidney as she ran toward the Channel Six news van, drawing Ghostface away before he could kill Randy right in front of Indiana.

"You act like she's not gonna live on to create the franchise," Indiana said, giggling. "Hey, do you know where Stu ran off to?"

"To fucking god knows where everyone else disappeared to," Randy said, looking around. "I'll go find him."