4 | IT NEVER HAPPENED

[ have some semi-smut and cheating and trauma! also, just one more chapter after this before we jump into movie content ]

☆︎

BREAK UP WITH SIDNEY.

☆ SEPTEMBER, 1995 ☆︎

SEPTEMBER, 1995 ☆︎

August faded into September rather quickly for Indiana. Her days were a blend of school, band practice, and hanging out with her friends that she'd grown to love. Despite the small size of the town, Woodsboro was actually starting to feel like home. Indiana didn't even miss North Carolina, and neither did Virginia, who was settling in with her own set of friends and coworkers and hobbies.

The friend group was spread out on the bleachers, watching the Monday football drills below on the field. A little ways away, they could hear the marching band working on the practice lot next to them. Indiana and Jackson were waiting for Sophia to finish up so that he could drive the girls to their dinner shift at Cricket's and also drop Isaiah at home on the way.

Indiana was situated between Stu's open legs, who was on the row of bleachers above hers. And he was in a similar position, leaning back against Tatum, the three of them quite cozy together.

Early into the month, and much to everyone's surprise, Stu and Tatum started dating. Since their best friends were with each other, it meant they spent even more time together. This didn't really affect the dynamic of the friend group much, thankfully. They still joked around and messed with each other like they were friends, and Tatum didn't mind how touchy Stu was with Indiana — the boy often liked to have his arm around her or swing their interlocked hands together while walking down the hallway.

Currently, they were trying to help Jackson plan out his upcoming date with some girl on the cheer team with Tatum. "Meek, what's a good horror movie to rent to get a girl in the mood?" Jackson asked with a little smirk.

"Uh, go with Texas Chainsaw. Or maybe Maniac," Randy suggested, looking up from his history textbook.

Indiana couldn't help but scoff. "For putting her in the fucking mood? No wonder you're single."

Randy raised a challenging eyebrow. "Really? And what movie would you suggest, oh wise one?"

"Jax, go with something scary but not too scary. And something with a hot guy in it — like The Fly or Little Shop of Horrors. Hell, even Nightmare on Elm has Johnny Depp in a crop top," she ranted while shaking her head.

"She's got you beat there, Randy," Sidney said with a teasing smile. They all thought it was funny when Indiana and Randy disagreed on movies, especially considering they both loved to watch them so much.