29 | I HATE YOU

[ i am once again posting and going to bed to wake up to varying reactions. i didn't want to keep it on a cliffhanger for too long. but i did make a nice, sad edit over on tiktok to go with this hehe ]

☽︎

I DON'T REGRET IT. I DON'T REGRET AGREEING TO THAT DATE.

☆︎ APRIL, 1998 ☆︎

☆︎ APRIL, 1998 ☆︎

Dread didn't even have time to settle inside of either girl as the sun with Derek and Melanie's bodies tied to it suddenly rose, disappearing upward with the rest of the set pieces tied up there. Mickey grinned, and Indiana and Sidney both flinched back, not expecting the sudden scenery change that was obviously being orchestrated by someone.

"Now, who's doing that? Could that be the mystery guest waiting in the wings?" he asked them as Sidney rushed around him to Indiana's side. "Told ya I had a partner. Surprise cameo just for you."

They heard the hinges on the prop door squeak, so they turned and saw Gale coming through it, a patch of blood staining her white shirt. Both Indiana and Sidney looked at her in complete disbelief.

"Gale," Sidney breathed out, taking a step back. She couldn't possibly be working with Mickey.

But Gale just shook her head before another figure entered behind her with a gun trained at her back. Indiana hadn't known the woman well before she abandoned her family, but she'd still recognize her despite the weight loss and what appeared to be a nose job and cheek fillers.

"Mrs. Loomis?" Sidney said, believing it even less than when she momentarily thought Gale was Mickey's partner.

Gale looked at the girls in surprise — she'd thought the woman was an annoying reporter named Debbie Salt. They must have not seen her frequently around campus like she had. "What?"

"Billy's mother!" Mickey shouted, far too excited for his own good. "Nice twist, huh? Didn't see it coming, did ya?"

"Jesus," Sidney muttered, looking between the two.

"It can't be," Gale denied. "I've seen pictures of you."

Sidney raised an eyebrow and gestured to the older woman. "This is sixty pounds and a lot of work later," she said in a judgemental tone.

"Burn," Indy managed to mumble. She couldn't really feel much of anything knowing Mickey was just behind her and to her left, helping the woman.

"It's called a make-over. You should try it," Nancy said, managing to take off her coat while still keeping the gun trained on them. "Look a little tired yourself there, Gale."

"Double burn," Indiana added under her breath halfheartedly. Seeing how Nancy's gun was trained mainly on her, she took hesitant steps backward, not caring how close it put her to Mickey. Admittedly, it was probably for the killing her son thing, not the burn comment.